Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do now on tilt?
Smoke some more pot, talk some more trash on BBV? 9 20.93%
Move up, lose, reload, ad infinitum 24 55.81%
Quite poker forever or err just stop playing for the day 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL**** LOST Season 3 Finale Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7) The Others are fed up with Ben (as evidenced by them disobeying his orders to kill those three)

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring whether or not they disobeyed that particular order, I don't think there's much argument that a lot of the Others don't get Ben anything for Christmas.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay - I see that I was wrong on this particular point (about the shooting itself). So you're right - we already knew that the Others were fed up with Ben.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jacks dead is for sure dead, he was just [censored] up and talking nuts to better illustrate how far off the deep end he has gone

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Jack has 'seen' his Dad while on the island, right? Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have not seen many of the older episodes, but I was checking out Lostpedia and reading what it says about Jack's father, and IIRC (Lostpedia is down for me right now), it says his body/coffin was on the plane and has not been found since the crash? Maybe Jack hasn't seen the last of his father (at least so long as he remains on the island)?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have not seen many of the older episodes

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a critical mistake which you should correct ASAP
Old 05-24-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jacks dead is for sure dead, he was just [censored] up and talking nuts to better illustrate how far off the deep end he has gone

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Jack has 'seen' his Dad while on the island, right? Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have not seen many of the older episodes, but I was checking out Lostpedia and reading what it says about Jack's father, and IIRC (Lostpedia is down for me right now), it says his body/coffin was on the plane and has not been found since the crash? Maybe Jack hasn't seen the last of his father (at least so long as he remains on the island)?

[/ QUOTE ]

i get what ur saying but the producers clearly said a few times that once someone appears dead on teh show that they are indefinately dead, and if you remember in an earlier flashback jack is at the morgue in sydney and he identifies the body of his dead father, if that doesn't prove he was dead i don't know what would....

and thinking about it a little more, throughout the show people have appeared on the island who weren't neccessarily there, or at least not in that part of the island right? maybe its jacob using his powers to project these people to try and get them to help him or do whatever it is that he wants to get done, that ben is obv not allowing him to do while he is locked up in a house surrounded by volcanic ash or whatever it is
Old 05-24-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have not seen many of the older episodes

[/ QUOTE ] This is a critical mistake which you should correct ASAP

[/ QUOTE ]

heheh, yeah, I think I will do this now
Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM

I haven't seen anyone offer any explanations on Kate being not locked up outside of simply a pardon (though the thread is big and I could have missed it). If the people that rescue them are dharma or some other powerfull group involved it could be possible that they could simply pull some strings to get her out of it. They could also be involved with her and Jack having to keep lying about the situation like he mentions in the end. We have definetly seen that there are mysterious people invloved that can really shape events (the monk and old woman with desmond). So this should have been easy to pull off for them.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and thinking about it a little more, throughout the show people have appeared on the island who weren't neccessarily there, or at least not in that part of the island right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, pretty sure this is true, a la Ben as a child on the island seeing his mother. in fact, this might lend speculation to Walt being dead, now that i think about it.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen anyone offer any explanations on Kate being not locked up outside of simply a pardon (though the thread is big and I could have missed it). If the people that rescue them are dharma or some other powerfull group involved it could be possible that they could simply pull some strings to get her out of it. They could also be involved with her and Jack having to keep lying about the situation like he mentions in the end. We have definetly seen that there are mysterious people invloved that can really shape events (the monk and old woman with desmond). So this should have been easy to pull off for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't know why everyone is assuming that dharma sent naomi to the island, most of the information leads us to believe that its not dharma

they are still getting food drops right? all the food says dharma on it so i doubt they would send food to an island they knew was being run by one of their former employees and a bunch of people who had been occupying the island before they got there

second, naomi has a picture of desmond and penny...why would someone from dharma have this picture? more understandabley, penny has been trying to find desmond right? she put those two guys in an igloo waiting for a signal which they eventually got and relayed to penny. she then had a general idea of where teh island was and where desmond should be...being as her father is all powerful and has tons of money to throw at anything, he set up a team to go and find the island because it obv has some traits that are not common to other places (he at least knows it can block out radar or any com's)...charles widmore then went to penny's place or had someone go and take a picture of desmond and her (probably the only one she might have had laying around), gave it to the crew of naomi's ship and said go find this guy and when u do u found the right place...idk i think this is much more realistic than the naomi working for dharma because it just wouldn't ad up
Old 05-24-2007, 03:04 PM

I think people are making way too many conclusions about what has happened. We have no idea who or even what Jacob is and yet half the people here think it was him in a coffin. This is prefaced by the fact that a free Kate didn't like the person so it obviously couldn't be Sawyer, who is the man she is going back to. Alot of things can change, and for all we know, he is some kind of handler or something. I think it probably is Sawyer that she is going back to, but it is a bad idea to use these guesses to make even further guesses about the actual person in the coffin. Jakc's father could be alive, we haven't found his coffin, nor do we even know the context of reality from the flashforward. There is alot to interpret and I just find it a little shortsighted when people make comments such as, "the coffic for sure is ben" or "Jack's dad is for sure dead". We had Locke's dad magically appear and the island heals people among other things, so who knows what is really possible.

Alot of the speculation and eventual conclusions from this episode have not come from hard evidence, but instead from other speculative conclusions.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The easiest explanation to me is simply that she is she is living 'underground' and hasn't been pardoned. She may 'still' be presumed dead.