Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/5

If I lived in America I think I would watch TV, like, 7+ hours a day! You have all he best shows; The Wire, The Soprano's, The Office(USA), the daily show, SNL, all the best sitcoms, baseball, Howard on Demand, and all the best chatshows; letterman, leno, conan... etc. In UK all tv sucks and im lucky to catch a re-run of some of the great shows mentioned. (albeit a few shows eg. office (uk) , spaced, but no good chatshows, satires, or shows for young people.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:44 PM

You guys have Ricky Gervais. We don't have anyone quite that funny.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:59 PM

Yes, in fairness Ricky Gervais is a hero of mine- but he is the first to admit that all the best comedy is to be found in USA hence the larry david, Christopher Guest, Gary Shandling interviews he did with his "comedy heroes". Also, theres alan partdrige whos brilliant.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/6

Amazing Race All Stars concluded last night... the record of no winning 2 female teams held.

Eric and Danielle took down the Million, by about 10 minutes... they were the team that met during the race season 9 and were now "long distance dating" for 2 years... based on their comments on the morning show today, it sounds like they figured out that they shouldn't be together... they were bickering all throughout the race.

Some notable quotes...

Eric: “Just pick them up and put your boobs on it. Use your boobs! You got to use your boobs! Use your boobs!”

Danielle: “Every Road Block that is designed for a guy, I am doing. And every Road Block for a girl, Eric does. He’s a woman.”
Old 05-07-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/6

Dancing with Wookie 5/7/07

I'm not going to see the whole thing again, but I should get more than last monday. Also, I'm sorely missing Edyta's costumes, but we'll have better dancing.

Ian is going first with foxtrot. He looked good in rehearsal, but that routine was pretty weak. He was almost painfully far away from Cheryl when he was in a ballroom hold. Len was right that his footwork was too prancy, and his frame when he was leading Cheryl in steps apart from a ballroom frame were floppy. His arms couldn't seem to get straight when he was extending them away from her, and they didn't get there w/ any grace. I think that 22 was harsh, but it may be that the judges are trying to be a little harder later in the season.

Joey's waltz should be a challenge to him, but he sounds like he's taking an unexpected approach by skipping the tricks and trying to just do a great dance. His dance was good, but it wasn't quite to perfection. I disagree w/ Len that his rise and fall was all that good. I don't think he had quite the right feeling w/ his rise and fall. I could nitpick about his frame a bit, but he's pretty solid technically. I agree w/ Bruno and Carrie Ann that he could use a bit more flash. The thing is, the flash doesn't have to come from schtick. It can come from more impressive steps, too. His steps were proper waltz, but there are plenty of proper steps that have more pizazz. I think the 26 was also a bit harsh. I was thinking 27.

I'm curious to see if BRC still cares. I think mambo should be a good dance for him, but I'm not sure about his foxtrot. Out on the floor, he looked awfully stiff during the first portion, but he actually looked respectable after he first broke away from Karina. Ouch. Bruno was really rough, but there was no way that was his worst dance. I think 18 was pretty fair.

Waltz will probably be a tough dance for Laila. There will be more ballroom hold which she's always been weak with, and she has to be graceful. Let's see what she's got. Well, that looked about what I what expected from her. I still don't like her posture; Len is right. Her posture held back the look of pretty much everything. The rest of her technique was good, but her posture and frame are killing her. That said, I did like her better than Joey so far. I was nervous that she would get a 10, but I think a 27 was a perfectly fair score for her.

Huh. Apolo is the odd man out, dancing tango. Especially after the weak performances from the others, Apolo can clean up this round. His paso looked spectacular in rehearsal, but I won't see that until tomorrow. Let's see the tango. Wow. His footwork is ridiculous, and about his posture and frame, I could only nitpick in a few places about posture and frame. That was heads and tails better than any of the other dancers tonight, and Len gives a [censored] 8? Hopefully Carrie Ann will fix her mistake and give him a proper 10. I have not words to describe why Len would give that an 8. If he wants to be a nit and give it a 9, fine, but an 8 is truly insulting, and I can only cry rigged. His footwork was all proper tango steps, and just because there were a lot of them doesn't mean that he should be deducted. At least Carrie Ann fixed herself and gave him a 10. That dance deserved a 33, and he got stuck with a 28.

Ian looked much better in the rumba. His arms were much improved. His hip action, especially on his forward breaks, could have been better, and the judges comments about being a little flat on the passion were true. However, you have to consider the song, too. It wasn't a really sexy song, and I thought his demeanor suited it well. I think Bruno's comments were spot on, and that his scores were a point low. I was thinking he should get a 26.

That's all I get for tonight, but I'll report on the rest of the latin tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/7

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Monday May 7

8-9:30pm ABC - Dancing with the Stars:
Eighth round competition, including ballroom and latin dances.

9:30-11pm ABC - The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman:
Time for the hometown dates, as the four remaining Bachelorettes take Andy to meet their family and friends.

Worth noting...

9pm NBC - Heroes:
The Hard Part - As Nathan prepares for the election, Hiro and Ando prepare for their gravest mission yet.

9pm FOX - 24: Day 6 2-3am
Doyle leads a CTU tactical team to a location thought to be Cheng's safe house, and Lennox and Daniels concoct a plan to feed disinformation to the Russians.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Anyone watch The Bachelor last night? I think Sniper might have made a good call with Danielle. (I really screwed up my pick with Stephanie. What an empty-headed girl [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I still think that Bevin cries too much. If I were a guy this would drive me crazy. And I didn't like Tessa's best friend very much. What did you guys think?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/8

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Tuesday May 8

8pm CBS - NCIS:
When Jenny goes to an overseas conference, Gibbs is made acting director, but prefering to be in the firld, he leads the teams investigation of a murder of a woman who was killed in a taxi on the way to NCIS headquarters.

9pm CBS - The Unit: Season Finale
The 2nd season concludes with The Unit being investigated by the Army for possible war crimes. Jonas and his men are relieved of their duties pending an the results of the probe and are ordered not to communicate with each other. Of course, they do, as they attempt to figure out what is going on. The situation also affects Col Ryan and his relationship with his not so understanding wife. Elsewhere Mack confronts Tiffy about Wilson, and the CIA continues to recruit Brown.

10pm ABC - Boston Legal:
Alan Shore sues the United States on behalf of a client who was tortured for two years at a detention camp. Meanwhile, Jerry Espenson begs Shirley Schmidt to let him have his job back at the firm -- despite the fact that he'd once tried to kill her -- and Claire defends a lawyer who committed a sexual assault after hearing a prank radio program proclaiming the world was coming to an end.

Worth noting...

8pm FOX - American Idol:
The final four perform. Follow the discussion in the 2+2 American Idol Wagering forum .

9pm ABC - Dancing with the Stars:
Eight Round results.

8pm-10pm MyTV - Hooters Dream Girl Challenge:
Sixteen waitresses from the chain compete for the title "Hooters Dream Girl" and a cover shot on Hooters Magazine.

9pm CW - Veronica Mars:
A once famous rock star agrees to play a benefit concert at Hearst, but the gig is placed in jeapardy when someone steals music tapes from his hotel room.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM

Dancing with Wookie, 5/8/2007

No one watch DwtS last night? Have I bored y'all w/ my nitpicking? Oh well, I'm back w/ more. Time to catch up w/ last night.

Joey's mambo. Hmmmm. Personally, I thought a lot of his steps looked a little big and silly looking. He also did a lot of schtick, and I do kinda agree w/ Len that he spent a little too much time between Kym's legs. He was walking a fine line between making it sexy and making it too lewd. I was thinking a 28 for him, but I'll deal w/ the 29. I thought Joey could ace this dance.

BRC's mambo was pretty decent by his standards. His footwork was atrocious as always, but he got his hips going somewhat. His performance was pretty decent. I thought this was one of his best, and I thought the 6 was low. I think at this point, I'm sorry I picked BRC to upset Ian. He didn't keep improving as he'd been, and while he was better than last week, I don't know if he's quite as appealing to the fans to hang out any longer.

Laila's jive was again not her best. She wasn't careful about pointing her toes, she's never all that well connected to Max, and I'm still not big on her posture. She's better in the slow latin dances where she gets to groove. Still, her rhythm was good, as was her performance. As much as I don't like jive, it's pretty good about showing just how good you really are. As for Len's comments about the choreography, I do kind of agree. I don't mind the intros with some schtick, but when it's all about the pro, well, that's not very good (unless you're Katy). I still thought this was worth a 27, but at least Len is being a bastard to someone other than Apolo.

Speaking of which, let's see his paso doble. A friend of mine kinda played spoiler and told me to be excited, but that wasn't a bit spoiler. The first thing I thought, though, was that the decision to try and put the skirt back on was quite risky. The effect was cool, but man, I don't know if I'd trust myself to carefully fasten whatever needed to be fastened to keep that skirt on. Anyway, his dance was great. He's got the best paso doble posture and frame of anyone here, and he accomplished an impressive performance using a lot of proper steps. I liked the choreography in the tango a little better, and I wish he would have kept his hands as paddles rather than spreading his fingers so much. That being said, I'm glad Len finally had the decency to give him a 10. Apolo earned his 30 this time, too, and while he should have gotten a 60, this somewhat made up for it.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 PM

cant forget about House :}