Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

All,

Let's stop hijacking with old 2+2 love pentagon drama and get this back on track w/ some more PUA info. bk?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

eh, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, was the jason_t fiasco really that long ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at the truthsquad blog, and the last comment was almost exactly one year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone PLEASE start a new thread about what this past PUA cardo drama was all about?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

eh, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, was the jason_t fiasco really that long ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at the truthsquad blog, and the last comment was almost exactly one year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone PLEASE start a new thread about what this past PUA cardo drama was all about?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, 'cause 2p2 will get sued. basically it involved several people, only one of whom ('cardo) still posts.

right?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, 'cause 2p2 will get sued. basically it involved several people, only one of whom ('cardo) still posts.

right?

[/ QUOTE ]

sued, really?
WTF????

at least pm me about whats going on lol
Old 08-15-2007, 06:01 PM

I post this reluctantly, because I am friends with Anacardo and he's not going to like the sound of it. But there's a very clear parallel between Anacardo's dislike of PUA and the huge EDF thread he posted about getting his [censored] together. In both, he is vociferously opposed to any self-help/improvement strategy that involves effort. He'll say this is because he's lazy, but I really think it's a lot deeper than that.

Basically, Anacardo wants to be accepted/loved "as-is". I'm not positive where this comes from, but I still think it's basic insecurity. Like, by really putting your mind to self-improvement you're admitting, somehow, that there was something "wrong" with you in the first place. Thus, I think the "morality" of the PUA approach is a bit of a red herring. I think he finds the elaborate constructs, strategies, etc off-putting because to do so would be to acknowledge failure in the first place.

Just my $.02.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, none of this helping those of us in the dark. Is this different from the Vegas text messaging thing, which I sort of remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
snag,

Which 2+2er PUA is gonna bang Cardo's dreamgirl, though?

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish I knew what this meant, because I have a feeling it is a devastating slam on Cardo.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I really thought you were more in the loop than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew's a fairly recent addition, at least to OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in internet years, kinda yes I think
Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, none of this helping those of us in the dark. Is this different from the Vegas text messaging thing, which I sort of remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to avoid this, but the jason_t stuff is not directly connected with the text messaging at all.

Really short cliff notes: There was a girl who flirted with a lot of 2p2 dudes, Cardo being one of them, jason_t got her they didn't.

The text msg story is one where Cardo ends up looking less crazy than other parties involved and actually did (briefly) get the girl.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thus, I think the "morality" of the PUA approach is a bit of a red herring. I think he finds the elaborate constructs, strategies, etc off-putting because to do so would be to acknowledge failure in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

While there may be something to your criticism, those two things are unrelated. Would PUA be fairer to criticize by someone who was arguably at the top of his game in every way and by wide consensus? There's the temptation to say, Of course!, but really, PUA stuff exists independent of cardo or anyone else. So it's open to criticism and the only question is whether the criticism is valid. Maybe some of it is legitimately offputting(it's potential for abuse, for instance) -- even if it's cardo who is the one pointing it out.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I post this reluctantly, because I am friends with Anacardo and he's not going to like the sound of it. But there's a very clear parallel between Anacardo's dislike of PUA and the huge EDF thread he posted about getting his [censored] together. In both, he is vociferously opposed to any self-help/improvement strategy that involves effort. He'll say this is because he's lazy, but I really think it's a lot deeper than that.

Basically, Anacardo wants to be accepted/loved "as-is". I'm not positive where this comes from, but I still think it's basic insecurity. Like, by really putting your mind to self-improvement you're admitting, somehow, that there was something "wrong" with you in the first place. Thus, I think the "morality" of the PUA approach is a bit of a red herring. I think he finds the elaborate constructs, strategies, etc off-putting because to do so would be to acknowledge failure in the first place.

Just my $.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this. So Anacardo wants to be loved as is, and as my grandmother used to say..

People in Hell want ice water.

p.s. to Anacardo:

I banged well over 100 women, maybe over 200. I used to be a sex addict and have actually been to sex addicts anonymous meetings in the past lol. I used to live for the hunt of females, jonzing all week planning on where I was going to go for my hunt, etc ect.

Now I am married and loved for who I am. I acually wrote about this in the ElD forum 'best day of your life' or something like this.

I don't think that I would have met my wife, turned into girlfriend, etc if it was not for being PUA.