Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: A hiatus

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm... what's with the >1000 views count for this thread instead of actually giving the number? When did that change?

[/ QUOTE ]

ha.. I was just about to post the same ??

Me no likey as much.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bravos,

A lot of these hands you really didn't play very well IMHO.

QQ: Might as well just bet $100

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that he was gonna put it all in or fold irrespective to my bet size. He has $100 left and if I he planned to call he would push if I only bet $75 or $35 or whatever. So I really don't see a diff between $100 and $75 here.
[ QUOTE ]

66: Fold preflop. You're not deep enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about it bu getting > 4:1 here is hard to pass up.
But you are prolly right.
[ QUOTE ]

KK: Probably should have just made it 200.

AA: Again, just make it 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think $150 accomplishes the same. While table was LAG, everyone was pretty respectful of a 3bet... well obv not the A4s guy..lol.
[ QUOTE ]

AKs: I'd raise more, say, $55 or so, unless people really aren't defending their straddles.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah..so if anyone else was the straddler in this hand, I agree... this was the only guy at the table who actually checked his option if it was not raised back to him, and he had already folded it to smallish raises earlier... but yeah, I did not include that info and I would agree 100%.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Speaking of effed up betting limits, Colorado has a max bet of $5. Makes for some sweet pots with 4 usually going to the river in a 2-5 spread limit.

The Rockies can take the west with a sweep of the D-backs at home and the Padres getting clubbed by the Brew Crew. With the Rox brooming SD and the Dodgers on the road and an 11 game win streak, the NL West is becoming a nice battle.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 AM

FYI Kit has an interesting thread in SSL, the twist is 'how would you maximize value against me if you were villain'. I like the approach and it's getting good commentary from some experienced posters.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

66: Fold preflop. You're not deep enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I started thinking more about this hand last night and I must have the action wrong because I was sitting in bed replaying it the way I typed it and was thinking.. "LOL no way I call $45 here, I'm too much of a nit to pay $45 more." So then I remember the BB being in the pot becaue he was this idiot who liked to flip his chips into the pot one at a time when he called, so even if you bet $200, he'd flip 40 single $5 chips into the pot. I was basing my turn action based on what I felt was the correct pot so the BTN must of raised it to probably $35. This hand was buggin even when I woke up this morning..LOL
Old 09-28-2007, 11:13 AM

The >1000 thing is due to a BBV4L guy running a script to get the view count on one of this threads up, but the script essentially turned into a DoS attack. That's why the forum was down yesterday. Chuck Weinstock has now taken several measures to combat the vulnerability, one of which is removing some of the motivation for doing this, and a second of which is IP banning the party responsible.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

So the guy is now dead because it was in BBV4Life? Can Chuck live with this?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Sorry, I just made a donk post to the wrong forum (NC Thread)

Sam's Town 4/8 on Wednesday with tyler_cracker: I'm posting it because he has a "life" that is somehow preventing him from NC 2+2 posting.

Wasted Kid is UTG and raises. Old LAG Man calls from UTG+1.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
WK bets. OLAGM calls.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
WK bets, OLAGM raises, WK 3-bets, OLAGM caps.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
WK bets, OLAGM raises, WK calls, leaving himself $1 behind.

OLAGM shows 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the straight. WK says "That's so sick. That's unbelievable... totally unbelievable," and rolls over A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Tyler throws him two quarters so he can post his BB for the next hand. I turn a set of sixes. WK slowrolls his monster 9-high and leaves.

So what level of thinking is it if you don't even look at the board or consider what hand it makes with your hole cards, never mind considering the action? Anyone else love the cap on the turn with AK-unimprovable on a 4-straight board?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Brag: I just cooked myself an excellent, Atkins-approved meal of a perfectly grilled NY steak, a Caesar salad, and a couple glasses of Ravenswood Zinfandel.
Variance: I'm not on the Atkins diet. I don't really need to be.
Variance 2: The wine probably means that the above meal is not actually Atkins approved. Alcohol enters your metabolism just slightly downstream from pure sugar.
Beat: Now, instead of going out and enjoying my Friday night, I'm going back to lab. Deadlines are a bitch.
Beat 2: I'd take the rest of the bottle of wine with me, but I'm really bad at coding in FORTRAN whilst drunk. I'll have to stick to coffee.
Beat 3: All I have for coffee is instant coffee crystals.
Brag 2: If I actually pull this goddamn mother-[censored] of a project off, it'll look good on my CV, and it'll constitute the first project I'll have successfully taken to completion while in grad school.
Beat 4: I'm in my 4th year. I should have at least 1 paper by now. I don't.
Brag 3: When I'm done, I plan on being un-sober for a couple days while I actually run the calculations the program I wrote enabled me to run.
Brag 4: Shortly after that, I'll be presenting at a conference about what I did. During that conference, I plan to be minimally sober.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:19 PM

We'll see you in October!

Closed Thread