Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

Well Colts are bouncing back strong after a weak start and the Titans look meh right now. Maybe they can get some of that VY magic going.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, am I the only one who thinks T.J. Rushing is a terrible kick returner?

[/ QUOTE ]

T.J. Rushing is far from terrible. You are looking for the big return but those are almost always the result of the coverage getting out of their lanes and leaving an opening. Rushing is averaging a very respectable 25 yards per kickoff return (more than Devin Hester fwiw) and like you said he has held on to the ball. He has taken one to midfield so far this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him break one, you have to realize that we are dealing with an incredibly small sample size because the Colts are not allowing many scores and thus receive very few kickoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump.

TJ with a KO return to the 37 and a 31 yard punt return.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 PM

2-0 start for the South, Jags @ TB and HOU @ SD close out the late games.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:10 PM

Vince Young might be the biggest fraud QB in NFL history
Old 10-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Watching Kenton Keith run makes me so curious about the CFL. Did he tear it up in Canada or was he just a stranger out of place?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2005: Dressed in 13 regular season games…started 12 games at running back…missed remainder of season due to injury…had 11 rushes for 73 yards and four receptions for 34 yards in week 6…had 15 carries for 131 yards in week 8…had 17 carries for 170 yards and two touchdowns in week 10…had 13 carries for 89 yards in week 12…had 16 rushes for 125 yards in week 13…was the CFL's Offensive Player-of-the-Week in week 10…finished season with 151 carries for 911 yards and five touchdowns…also had 25 receptions for 228 yards.

2004: Started 14 games at running back last season…also started in Western Semi-Final and Western Final…missed first two games of season attending New York Jets training camp…missed two games due to injury…had 12 carries for 107 yards and two touchdowns in week 6…had 13 carries for 102 yards and a touchdown in week 7…had 18 carries for 79 yards and a touchdown and four receptions for 79 yards and a touchdown in week 9…had 16 rushes for 105 yards and a touchdown in week 10…had 19 rushes for 101 yards and two catches for 94 yards in week 13…had 16 rushes for 97 yards and a touchdown in week 14…had 17 rushes for 146 yards and two touchdowns in week 15…was named CFL Offensive Player-of-the-Week in week 15…had season high 18 rushes for 161 yards and a touchdown in week 16…surpassed the 1,000 yard mark in rushing in week 16…had a career high 70-yard rush for a touchdown in week 16 at Ottawa. Rider nominee for Most Outstanding Player…had 17 rushes for 97 yards and three catches for 28 yards and a touchdown in West Division Semi-Final…was named CFL Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in the West Division Semi-Final.

2003: Starting running back for 10 games in 2003…also started in Western Semi-Final and Western Final… made CFL and Rider debut in week 5…had 11 rushes for 88 yards and a touchdown in week 5…had 10 rushes for 134 yards and a touchdown in week 7…was named CFL Offensive Player-of-the-Week in week 7…had ten rushes for 71 yards and a touchdown in week 8…had 19 carries for 167 yards and a touchdown in week 15…had six carries for 13 yards and three receptions for 37 yards and a touchdown in week 17…missed second half of week 17 with an injured hip…Rider nominee as Most Outstanding Rookie…had 14 carries for 140 yards and three touchdowns in Western Semi-Final…named CFL Offensive Player-of-the-Week in Western Semi-Final…had seven carries for 47 yards in Western Final…SEASON STATS: 102 carries for 709 yards and five touchdowns…20 receptions for 142 yards and three touchdowns…

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year he tried to make the Jets roster but didn't make the last cut so he went back to the CFL.

Cody
Old 10-28-2007, 09:12 PM

I've read that before but its so out of context for me.

When Canadians watch the Colts are they like "oh, Kenton Keith, he was bad ass, I knew he'd make it." or are they like "oh he played here? huh."
Old 10-28-2007, 09:15 PM

I have no idea what Keith did in the CFL but I'm sure Addai is happy to have someone to give him a breather.

And I'll get to the Jags later, as this week we will hear so much Pats are God and game of the year, yada yada yada. I figure I'll do my first pro-Colts post.

How quickly people forget how "unbeatable" the Colts were in 04 and 05.

Wiki 04: wiki

Wiki 05: wiki

USA Today article about '05 Colts and '72 Dolphings: USA Today

I think it is ridiculous what some people on this board are saying about the Pats. Assuming a team is "unbeatable" and assuming that a team can play at such a high level week in and week out, it makes me wonder if they truly understand the sport they are watching. The Colts may very well be the best team in the NFL this year and I have heard little about them. The Colts did what the Pats are doing this year. 2004 Dungy and the Colts went for the numbers, they did, but no one bitched or moaned, they just enjoyed.

This Colts team is an extremely good team and I expect them to win next Sunday, I don't think Brady is as good as Manning, I don't think Maroney is anywhere near as good as Addai, and I really think the Colts have the better recievers when you include DClark. Defenses are so difficult to compare when they are going against defenses as they are, but if there is one player in the NFL that can tear apart good defense it is Peyton Manning.

Good Luck Colts, I will most likely not pay much attention to this game and I will have a small rooting interest for the Pats. But a part of me wants them to shutup and realize that the game of football is played week to week and not 16 times at once. Pats will have to have their A game to beat the Colts, and I just don't see a team playing 9 straight of those in a row.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 PM

Needle, holy crap what a tough win vs a super scrappy Buc team. I only got to watch some plays of the first half but got to listen to the last 10 minutes on the radio & nearly ran off the road when we sealed it. I'd love to hear some analysis from you if you saw it.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:05 PM

TFG,

I'll get around to a write-up of the game later. I want to see what Vic has to say actually before I divulge into it. I was only able to see part of the 3rd quarter at a sports bar that turned the game off for some unknown reason. So I just drove home from there. But, I think I got a good feel from Sexton and Lageman, and hopefully NFL Network will do a replay that I can check out. I don't know how much time I'll have this week though, recruiting tapes are flowing into KU and I get to look at them all, YAY...ugh.

Anyway, I want this answer to be seen by people from Vic.

[ QUOTE ]
Tim from Indianapolis, IN: Don't you think people are complaining more about the Patriots because they just got busted for cheating for who knows how many years and now they have an agenda to rub everything in? Don't you think that's a tad bit different than the Colts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vic:

[ QUOTE ]
You are absolutely right and I am impressed by your capability for lucid thought. Yes, the Patriots are the bad guys. Their coach dresses like “Alice the Goon” and stalks the sideline with a sinister look about him. He’s a dark and mysterious person about whom there is great suspicion of deceitful thought. He’s a guy everyone likes to hate. Tony Dungy, on the other hand, is the good guy of good guys. He’s a guy everyone likes to love. That’s the difference. That’s why there were no accusations of poor sportsmanship when Manning chased the touchdown passes record, but for Tom Brady the accusations will only multiply. In the Patriots’ case, they’re not accusations, they’re fact: Belichick is a bad sport and the Patriots are cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]