Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

The last few pages of this thread have been retarded since none of you obviously know wtf you're talking about in regards to dirt sheets/wrestling media, except MikeyPatriot. Wade Keller and Dave Meltzer work for WWE now? Link please? This would be huge news in the rasslin' business. omgz!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the stress of having a son with Fragile X syndrome is what sent Benoit over the edge. It sure makes a lot more sense than "roid rage."

[/ QUOTE ]

because you've seen studies where parents of fragile x kids often become aggressive or violent?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:05 AM

Blarg,

I'm done defending myself because there's not much left to say. This started out as a discussion about the legitimacy of the wrestling media, and now it's about statistical percentages and outliers. I don't think it's outrageous for someone who reads dirtsheets (which again I haven't done in years) to be shocked that Chris Benoit murdered his wife and child given the information known about him.

To be quite honest, when it comes down to it, I believe everyone has the capacity to murder another person. Life and society have just evolved to a point where it isn't a necessary survival skill.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:11 AM

anybody that didnt know most professional wrestlers are on juice is very naive and ignorant, similar to people that dont believe many professional athletes use as well. people always want to look at bonds, sosa, and mcgwuire because they were the big home run hitters and think its only those guys that are juicing, and stick their heads in the sand to everybody else because their stats arent outrageous. there are plenty of guys juicing and hitting .240 in the minor leagues just trying to hang on to the dream. there are highschoolers juicing hoping they can get a d3 scholarship. steroids are very widespread, simply because they work wonders when it comes to strength, size, and recooperation.

but steroids dont make you go on killing sprees. "roid rage" is really a myth. ive never used but have been in the gym for a 10+ years. i know a pro bodybuilder and a couple top amateurs that cant even pretend to not juice. these guys are just as calm and reserved as any other person you could know. if you take a sane rational person and put him on juice, hes still a sane rational person. if you take a prick with an ego and put him on juice, he's just a physically bigger prick with an even bigger ego. thats where the "rage" comes from. and when guys go nuts and do something stupid, they always want to blame the juice as an excuse for their stupid actions. the whole, "its not my fault, pass the blame, cant take responsibility" deal, and the media as another story to run with about the dangers of steroids.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:13 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
The last few pages of this thread have been retarded since none of you obviously know wtf you're talking about in regards to dirt sheets/wrestling media, except MikeyPatriot. Wade Keller and Dave Meltzer work for WWE now? Link please? This would be huge news in the rasslin' business. omgz!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, why can't anyone just realize that basically the Patrik Antonious of Wrestling just turned out to be a friggin lunatic, and as wrestling fans we are way more surprised than if say our Matusaw did the same thing.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because you've seen studies where parents of fragile x kids often become aggressive or violent?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he just meant a great deal of stress in general.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the stress of having a son with Fragile X syndrome is what sent Benoit over the edge. It sure makes a lot more sense than "roid rage."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly the stuff in the link. [ QUOTE ]
This is not the first murder/suicide with a connection to Fragile X.

On a Sunday afternoon in April 2006, Alison Davies and her 12-year-old son, Ryan, leapt to their deaths from the Humber Bridge, in England, leaving behind only a short note for family, "Don't worry about me. I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to fail Ryan any more. I wish you all the happiness you truly deserve. Alison."

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I can tell you from experience that a child having severe FXS is never a happy ending for the suffering family.

Beyond the financial burden, the grief support system for the parents is often ignored. MOST Special Needs parents can't handle the stress that a child with Fragile X Syndrome brings to a relationship. Most divorce and many abandon the child into the state's welfare system. And please before you judge, you've probably never looked down that dark tunnel and seen that there's no light at the end. The despair felt by many parents is simply overwhelming. Add in the whole steroid component and...well. We're right here, where we are now, wondering what went wrong and why it didn't get stopped before it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have been a physical therapist for 12 years and in private practice for five. I deal a lot with children with fragile x, autism, autistic spectrum disorders (asperger's, PDD, etc.), and ADHD. In my experiences, these children are very difficult to deal with. They tend to display irrational impulsivity and other sociopathic behaviors. They often have motor development issues and self stimulating behaviors (repetitive noise making, head banging, etc.). They definitely require constant attention and supervision. This is not to say that Chris Benoit's son had symptoms to this extreme but this factor can not be underestimated when trying to understand this horrific tragedy.

The strain this sort of special needs child places on a family is immeasurable. Then when you combine the facts that Chris Benoit had the stigma of being a small man in a big man's world and his child was grossly undersized, it is easy to see the emotional and psychological toll his son's condition must have taken on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I guess I'm just unhappy that people are blaming "roid rage" for this... No way that steroids played THAT big of a role in this. I mean, a man sees that his son will never grow into a normal person, will never mature in any way and will basically need to be under 24 hour care for the rest of his life. That seems to me like something that could drive a man to kill his son, wife and self.

If roid rage was a legitimate cause of death, there would have been a LOT more murders in wrestling over the past 20 years. Don't get me wrong, I'm really hoping that steroids go away, since I don't really care how huge a wrestler is, and I bet that a lot of fans wouldn't care either if the WWE wasn't so biased toward big guys.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, for real. In fact, Meltzer is pretty hated by Vince and the Jarretts and most big time promoters over the years have not liked Meltzer at all. He was the first guy to really pull back the curtain on a lot of information that hadn't been available to the populace. It's one thing if we are getting our information from Bob Ryder or Bill Apter, but Meltzer and Keller have many close contacts that remain anonymous inside the business (the same obviously goes for Bryan Alvarez with his past of being a worker himself and the fact that he is part of teh WON team)
Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never mentioned either one of those guys. Quit misquoting me. And what makes you think you know wtf you're talking about.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that's exaclty why I used quotations when using the word "insider" in my links and why I said they were biased. Anything reported on a wrestling site has to be taken with a grain of salt. A lot of those "reporters" are actually employees of WWE or TNA and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so who were you reffering to then? Obviously I know more then you since you seem to have a hard time finding the legit "reporters" ohhh say like......Keller and Meltzer.