Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

..Great game by Buffalo tonight

Sabres were just relentless...worried for a while when were outplaying the hell out of them for a while and couldnt get one passed Lundquist...

...they just need to keep doing what there doing, and I hope the Rangers are dumb enough to keep talking [censored]
Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 PM

Thats the one, thanks a lot gamble.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 PM

eh after seeing the replay it seems that Borrows might have purposefully high sticked selanne which is dirty as [censored]. Good call by the refs.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 PM

this whole 'proven playoff performer' is a bunch of malarkey, though more so for goaltenders than anyone else. luongo is going to be an all-time great when he retires - he's going to be a playoff performer. this isn't roman ceckmanek the canucks are throwing out there.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM

The difference in VAN@ANA was clearly Vancouver's defense. They broke down at all the wrong points, which led to 3 of Anahiem's goals (I'm not counting the 5th, because a) it was a late powerplay, and b) Sabourin was in net). Selanne's goal shouldn't have been a goal, Sopel was off in a corner with his pants down or something.

If Vancouver wasn't forced to start guys like Green and Edler (where was Hansen? not another injury, is it?) because of injures to Bieksa/Salo/Kesler, I think it'd drastically improve Vancouver's powerplay (even though I was actually satisfied with the amount of chances they were generating) with power on the point, and they'd be much better on the kill.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:48 AM

All I have to say is: Blah!

Okay maybe that's not all. The Sabres looked freaking good. Scary good and for some reason I don't think they even played their best game last night. Maybe the Rangers can wake up tomorrow night...I dunno. But wow, that's some team.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I have to say is: Blah!

Okay maybe that's not all. The Sabres looked freaking good. Scary good and for some reason I don't think they even played their best game last night. Maybe the Rangers can wake up tomorrow night...I dunno. But wow, that's some team.

[/ QUOTE ]

they didn't. they were lazy on D and Miller saved their asses through two. Then late in the second they decided they wanted to score goals, and they did.

I expect that lazy D to continue, but still - I said Buffalo would average 3.5 goals a game in this series, so far they're right there.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:23 AM

Some thoughts on Game one of NYR vs Buffalo.

First and foremost, VS sucks. Terrible replays, bad announcing and WTF was up with that Go Sabres commercial sponsored by VS? That's such BS.

Period 1: First 5-10 minutes it looked to me like the Rangers were out playing the Sabres. Buffalo had like 1 or two real weak shots and the rangers were getting a strong forecheck and a lot of shots (many of them not hitting the net though). Jagr had the one good scoring chance of that time period and Miller made a good save.

For the second half of the period there were a lot of calls against the Rangers. I'm a Rangers fan and biased but I really couldn't tell where the penalties were. I think that it might have a lot to do with VS. giving really terrible replays and not showing the penalties but the replays they did show I couldn't see anything.

Also, that hit on Rozival that took him out of the game should have been called IMO. The puck wasn't there.

Period 2: Again, it looked to me like the Rangers outplayed the Sabres for the first half of that period. They outshot them 10-5 but it was all downhill from there. The Sabres looked GREAT for the second half of period two and that was the game. 3 goals in 4 minutes, what can you say.

Period 3: I feel like the Rangers didn't give up and fought hard. They Sabres got two goals, 1 that was an empty netter and one that should not have been allowed because it was batted in with the glove IMO. It was signalled no goal on the ice and I didn't think there was enough evidence to overturn it on the replay. The Rangers got two solid goals but the killed themselves by not scoring on the 2 minute 5-3. Miller looked really good.

I'm looking forward to game 2 and think it'll be a really good series still. I'll be really happy if the Rangers can just steal one game up in Buffalo.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 AM

lol, VS has been running pro-Rangers [censored] all week - gimme a break
Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, VS has been running pro-Rangers [censored] all week - gimme a break

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I think I saw Messier last night more than I did Jagr.