Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/3

Actor Patrick Dempsey will drive the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Pace Car at the 91st Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 27.
Dempsey will bring the field of 33 starters to the green flag at the start of "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing," the world's largest single-day spectator sporting event. The race is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. (ET) and will be televised by ABC and broadcast by the IMS Radio Network, XM Satellite Radio and the Armed Forces Radio Network.

Dempsey, a native of Lewiston, Maine, has played Dr. Derek Shepherd on "Grey's Anatomy" since 2005. The show is one of the highest-rated programs on American television.

"We're excited to welcome Patrick Dempsey as the Pace Car driver for the 91st Indianapolis 500," said Joie Chitwood, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and chief operating officer. "His acting performances throughout his career have captivated millions of fans, and he has become one of the biggest stars in television through his role on 'Grey's Anatomy.'

"During recent years he has developed a strong bond with racing and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, so he truly understands and appreciates the pageantry, prestige and tradition of the Month of May and the Indianapolis 500."

Dempsey is a co-owner of IndyCar Series and Indianapolis 500 team Vision Racing. He also drives in selected sports car races for Hyper Sport Racing and off-road events. Dempsey finished a career-best fifth April 15 in the Koni Challenge Series event at Homestead-Miami Speedway, and his Hyper Sport team is second in the Koni Challenge driver and team standings.

"Most people recognize Patrick Dempsey from his on-screen endeavors," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. "But among the racing community, where Chevy plays a role globally, he is known as a dedicated car and racing enthusiast. Being accustomed to high-performance cars and racetracks, he's a great candidate to drive the Pace Car, and he'll no doubt appreciate the Corvette's power and handling abilities."

The 2007 Corvette that will serve as the Indianapolis 500 Pace Car is virtually identical to the convertible models available today through local Chevrolet dealerships. Because the production Corvette is so track-ready with 400 horsepower, an 186 mph top speed, a 0-60 mph time of 4.1 seconds, class-leading aerodynamics, a suspension that can handle .98 Gs in cornering situations and large 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels, few changes were made to prepare it for this year's role other than the necessary safety additions (strobe lights, etc.) and a spoiler from the Z06 Corvette.

The Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Pace Car appears in "Atomic Orange" with distinctive gold ribbon graphics and Indy 500 logos; 500 production replicas will be offered for sale to the public with an MSRP starting at $66,995.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 AM

Very good episode of The Office last night. If you missed it try to catch it on the rerun. Angela has some great lines and that ending - well LOL!

(I'm always wondering how the actress who plays Angela can keep such a straight face. Her character is so weird.)
Old 05-04-2007, 01:14 PM

katy, did you watch Grey's last night?... the Addison spinoff looks like it could be interesting.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
katy, did you watch Grey's last night?... the Addison spinoff looks like it could be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I am fed up with this show. It is stupid, ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. I have better things to do with my time then follow the contrived scenarios that these writers keep throwing at us. I am done with it I tell you!

So...it was good? (now you've made me curious [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) Did I miss anything crucial?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I am fed up with this show. It is stupid, ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. I have better things to do with my time then follow the contrived scenarios that these writers keep throwing at us. I am done with it I tell you!

So...it was good? (now you've made me curious [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) Did I miss anything crucial?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its on again tonight... I'd say you should watch it for the hillarious scenario.

I'm not sure what they are going to do on Grey's next season, as it seems that everyone has already slept with everyone else. So, they are going to have to start the cycle again with the spinoff... bunch of really messed up people I tell ya [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 05:53 PM

I gotta catch up and watch LOST and The Office.

I am so glad I do not work this weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/4

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Friday May 4

10pm CBS - Numbers:
Don investigates a possible terrorist attack on Los Angeles that tare=gets the city water supply.

Worth noting...

8-10pm ABC Grey's Anatomy: repeat
last night's episode

8-11pm SCIFI:
Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Painkiller Jane

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Dennis Haysbert on The Unit

11:35pm NBC - Jay Leno:
Thomas Haden Church on Spiderman 3
Old 05-04-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Its on again tonight... I'd say you should watch it for the hillarious scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man I'm so glad I watched this! Good call, Sniper. I am totally going to be all over this new Addison show. It has that guy from Wings (whatever his name is).

Also Taye Diggs rules. I so need a friend like Taye Diggs in my life. The guy is freaking cool. I need a friend who is calm and mature. Where does one find someone like that?

- Izzy and George are pissing me off. They are completely ruining the old show for me.

and which was the hilarious scene anyway? Are you talking about the surfer guy scene?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/5

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Saturday May 5

Saturday night and nothing is on... hope everyone is going out...

7-11pm FOX - Nascar Racing:
Jim Stewart 400 from Richmond

Late nght...

11:30pm-1am NBC - Saturday Night Live:
Best of 2006/7

11:30pm-3:30am CBS - various:
CSI:Miami, Without a Trace, Da Vinci's Inquest, 24 (Day 4).

2am NBC - Poker After Dark:
Weekly highlight/recap show.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/5

Anyone watch Brothers &amp; Sisters this evening? It was one of my favorite episodes so far. Just awesome writing and acting. I don't know if it's just me but I think this show is so much better than most dramas on TV. And Calista Flockhart is funny. I love every scene she has with her brother Kevin. I think the way she delivers her lines is smart and natural. Just really impressed with this show.