Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot believe I forgot this story. Quite interesting.

A couple years ago I used to run a card room. One of the regulars was a big winner on Absolute in the limit games. He also propped for them.

One day he comes in visibly upset. He starts telling everyone that for sure he got cheated, they could see his cards blah blah blah. Everyone told him he was stupid and to shut up. He kept saying this for about two weeks and then quit the site.

I will try and get a hold of this guy and see if he has any of the names of accounts he thought cheated him.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of smoke on this prop story, maybe there is a fire. I am leaning toward thinking it may have happened. But what I don't get is WHY AP would cheat their own prop players. I guess I don't know what's involved in being a prop player.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Seif is trying to use me to wag the dog. Pretty sad.

So let me get this straight...

Mark becomes the highly visible spokesman of a shady poker site, they get themselves into hot water, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark is the only one in poker who can't clearly see cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament re-enactment, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark parroted the AP "official statements" of clear lies on his blog, rather than using that important space to call them out for their deceptions, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark offers to show the full hand histories of a questionable heads-up session, never produces them, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark, you are making a public spectacle of this whole thing. You might think that a frivolous lawsuit against me is the only way to clear your name. Instead, you will just drag all the details out in the public eye. If that's what you want to do, go for it. I can easily explain all of my actions. Can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

SLAPP. GG Mark.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:14 PM

the interview is up

I'll give a preview.

lolol.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the interview is up

I'll give a preview.

lolol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure I believe Seif is probably innocent and all (not enough eveidence to convince me otherwise), but I just had to laugh at

Mark Seif's thoughts on Absolute Poker Cheating Scandal: "The real issue is how the company handles (a cheating incident) after the fact."

Mark Seif on AJ Green: "Free Spirit." "Free Spirit." "He had long hair."

P.S. Dandruff stop "vouching" or Seif will take "great, great umbrage"!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Seif is trying to use me to wag the dog. Pretty sad.

So let me get this straight...

Mark becomes the highly visible spokesman of a shady poker site, they get themselves into hot water, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark is the only one in poker who can't clearly see cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament re-enactment, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark parroted the AP "official statements" of clear lies on his blog, rather than using that important space to call them out for their deceptions, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark offers to show the full hand histories of a questionable heads-up session, never produces them, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark, you are making a public spectacle of this whole thing. You might think that a frivolous lawsuit against me is the only way to clear your name. Instead, you will just drag all the details out in the public eye. If that's what you want to do, go for it. I can easily explain all of my actions. Can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

SLAPP. GG Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

think you're being a little SLAPP happy there, aren't there narrow circumstances for those things?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM

Mark Seif

[ ] Guilty of seeing hole cards

[X] Guilty of being a douche bag
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM

x-posted from the Schneids thread:

With regards to what has become known as "popcorngate" -- I've recently been filled in on a number of the details. While I did not get the information from a confidential source, the person who gave it to me would prefer that his name is not used here. However, he is currently pretty high up in management in AP and is a credible source.

There are a number of issues to address.

First, AP made the donation to "Sunrise Children’s Foundation" via wire transfer to a bank in Las Vegas. Not the best website I've seen, but you can check it out here: http://www.sunrisechildren.org. Also, feel free to verify the info with people there.

Second, the donation was not made until February of 2007. The guy who I spoke with admits that the timeframe for the donation was not ideal considering that the donations were received in July/August-ish of 2006. I'm told that it was largely an administrative screw-up due to a changeover in marketing companies (ie, the people who ran it). Regardless of the explanation, obviously it should have been made sooner.

Third, because Schneids was generous enough to offer to donate his refund to charity, AP is going to match that offer and donate that amount to charity in the near future. This is in addition to the money raised and AP is going to do so regardless of whether Schneids follows through with his offer.

Fourth, AP is going to run a charity tournament of some kind on their site where the rake will be collected and contributed to a charity (not sure if it will be the same one). In addition, AP is going to match the collected rake, effectively doubling the contribution from the community. I assume details will be announced at some point in the near future.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer,

Can you reply to this post, and be sure to quote it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, welcome to every other internet forum. So cool when 2 guys with massive signatures get into a gigantic one-liner pissing contest.

-suzzer99

..(I'll spare you I guess)
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer,

Can you reply to this post, and be sure to quote it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, welcome to every other internet forum. So cool when 2 guys with massive signatures get into a gigantic one-liner pissing contest.

-suzzer99

..(I'll spare you I guess)

[/ QUOTE ]
To be fair, most forum software scripts don't quote the signature itself.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, AP made the donation to "Sunrise Children’s Foundation" via wire transfer to a bank in Las Vegas. Not the best website I've seen, but you can check it out here: http://www.sunrisechildren.org. Also, feel free to verify the info with people there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wonder about some of these shady looking Nevada charities. This is the one the CEO poker tour supposedly donated all their extra scammed vig to: http://www.nvccf.org/contact.htm

I emailed them about the CEO thing just to make sure the money was even donated. Their CEO Jeffrey R Gordon was quick to get back to me with a big defense of the CEO poker tour. (It's all recorded in one of the CEO scam threads.) Really makes you wonder what kind of kickbacks or other shady stuff could be going on.