Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
regardless, do you really think the edge in loungo to guigere is "minimal"? Give me a break

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot. The guy who has never done anything meaningful in his career until 2 days ago is better in the playoffs than the guy who already has a Conn Smythe and 19 playoff victories.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
regardless, do you really think the edge in loungo to guigere is "minimal"? Give me a break

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot. The guy who has never done anything meaningful in his career until 2 days ago is better in the playoffs than the guy who already has a Conn Smythe and 19 playoff victories.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the first guy is Roberto Luongo, and the second guy is Giguere, then yes, he is.

To say that somehow Luongo's lack of playoff success makes him a worse goalie than Giguere is ridiculous. Luongo was playing for an awful team, and was the only thing that kept them even respectable for years.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same amount of Cup rings.

Gigeure will never play like he did in that Stanley Cup run. That was legendary play by a non-legendary goaltender. See also - Steve Rooney, or Ron Hextall. Luongo is the better goalie - but the 'Nucks aren't playing any D in front of him right now.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the first guy is Roberto Luongo, and the second guy is Giguere, then yes, he is.

To say that somehow Luongo's lack of playoff success makes him a worse goalie than Giguere is ridiculous. Luongo was playing for an awful team, and was the only thing that kept them even respectable for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing that Giguere is the better goalie. I am arguing that Giguere is a proven playoff performer. Luongo is not.

BTW, 3-1 Ducks after 1. Great start for the great Luongo.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 PM

At least he didn't give up a goal to Jeff Fricking Cowan.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:05 PM

jeff Cowan is a solid player.

Giguere might be a proven playoff performer but Luongo is a pressure performer who has spent his career carrying teams on his shoulder. Giguere is solid but Luongo is a star.

The 3 goals so far haven't been much if anything to do with Luongo playing poorly, the Canucks really need to step up (i.e. letting MacDonald score when it should have been a 2 on 3 instead of a 2 on 1)
Old 04-25-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least he didn't give up a goal to Jeff Fricking Cowan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that was a pretty well placed shot. Anyway, I'm pretty much kidding about Luongo there. He was mostly left out to dry on those goals. This defense is horrendous with the injuries.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 PM

Pizowned. Man I was so tired of all the Rangers hype all week. Jagr looks sick good when he wants to be but if he doesn't play well they have no shot. Big game Friday, hopefully no Game 2 letdown this time.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:35 PM

WHAT THE [censored]. PENALTY AGAINST BURROWS AND NOT SELANNE? SELANNE TAKES A SHOT AT BURROWS AFTER THE WHISTLE AND BURROWS GETS DIVING!?!?!?! talk about a reputation call....

Obviously burrows did accidentally high stick him earlier and that should have been called but comeon.......
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know the name of that Irish song they play before the Sabres go on the power play? it was the same some people talked about in the sopranos thread. They played it in the Cleaver episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im Shipping up to Boston

By the Dropkick Murphys

I think?