Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/1

Didn't have a chance to put up an update yesterday.

Would have watched NCIS, The Unit and Boston Legal. Other Notables: DwtS, AI, and Veronica Mars.

Also some may have watched, Body Doubles: International Twins Search at Midnight.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/2

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Wednesday May 2

8:30pm ABC - Notes from the Underbelly:
"Julie and Eric's Baby" - An ordinary trip to the mall for makeup becomes extraordinary when Julie's water prematurely breaks, sending her into labor... but not without her cosmetics in tow. While Eric rushes home from a business trip to be present for their baby's birth, Julie enlists the help of her friends, Andrew and Lauren, who abruptly abandon their weekend getaway -- while Danny ensures that their hotel, spa appointments and romantic plans do not got to waste. Having read every book on pregnancy he could get his hands on, Andrew offers Julie some valuable, if not humorous, advice while she's in labor. Meanwhile, a less than thrilled Cooper reluctantly agrees to capture the birth on video.

9-10pm FOX - American Idol:
Bon Jovi performs and two of the remaining six are voted off. Follow discussion in the American Idol Wagering forum

10pm ABC - LOST:
The Brig - After abandoning the Others, Locke takes Sawyer on a trek through the jungle to help him eliminate a common enemy. Meanwhile, back at the beach, the parachutist Naomi has crucial information about flight 815.

Worth noting...

8pm CBS - Jericho:
New Bern begins its mortar bombardment of Jericho, and Grey is faced with a dificult decision: stand and fight, or surrender and save lives.

9pm ABC - LOST: repeat
D.O.C. - Sun allows Juliet to examine her when she learns that all of "The Others'" pregnant women died before they gave birth on the island. Sun discovers the identity of her unborn child's father after being examined by Juliet. Meanwhile, Desmond allows an unlikely foe to help save the life of a mysterious new island inhabitant. Flashbacks follow Jin and Sun.

10pm NBC - Medium:
An accused murderer is jailed with help from Alison, who continues to dream about the crime.

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Drew Barrymore talks about "Lucky You"

12:05am ABC - Jimmy Kimmel:
Race Car driver Danica Patrick

12:35am - Craig Furguson:
Eric Bana talks about "Lucky You"
Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/29

[ QUOTE ]

Would you care to spoil who joined John in the bottom two, and who was eliminated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you probably figured it out by now, but BRC was in the bottom with John and poor J-Rat got the boot. Oh dear. I don't think BRC's heart is in it. He pretty much seems to want out if you ask me.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would you care to spoil who joined John in the bottom two, and who was eliminated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you probably figured it out by now, but BRC was in the bottom with John and poor J-Rat got the boot. Oh dear. I don't think BRC's heart is in it. He pretty much seems to want out if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The late night and early morning talk shows were all talking and showing clips of the elimination... he seriously looked disappointed about not being eliminated.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Wow, sorry I missed your response earlier Wook. Greatly appreciated that you informed me of the Monday night stuff. While I knew about Heroes (obv), I didn't know what night it played.

And yeah, I've been debating whether or not to get caught up on Heroes and start watching it. In the end, though, I just worry about getting so involved that it takes over a week of my life like some really good shows do (and from all I've heard, Heroes would take me over, haha).

24 I saw a few eps of and was not as impressed as I should be. I need to start from the beginning sometime and give it a whirl. But yeah, thanks for that post, I missed it somehow earlier.

-Lost is on tonight. Wednesdays are my favorite day of the week in large part thanks to Lost. And after what some considered to be a slow start with the first five episodes or so, Season 3 is now being called the best season yet by many people I talk to. (Note: I thought the first five episodes were great!)
Old 05-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/2

Official Top 6 to 4 Performance thread in AIW

Official Top 6 to 4 Elimination thread in AIW

Official Lost Season 3 Episode 19 thread in OOT
Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, at least based on this week's performance. Last week he really looked like he wanted it, but this one looked like mailing it in. I thought if he kept up the hard work and improvement, he could pass up Ian. Instead, Ian kicked it up, and BRC flopped. Ian isn't as great a character to watch, but if BRC gives up, the audience probably won't save him as long as they did Jerry Springer.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 AM

Anyone catch Jon Bon Jovi on American Idol last night? He performed "You want to make a memory". Very nice.

I've been listening to that song on my radio station and love it.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 AM

katy, I missed the first ten minutes which I assume is where JBJ was slotted. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I did, however, catch a bunch of Idolists singing JBJ songs and I thought they were really good. Blake's, in particular, was surprisingly well-received by the audience, judges, and myself. I thought it was a hip good time. Haha.

Edit: I watched it on Tuesday, not last night. But whatever. Rest of the post stands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 5/3

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Thursday May 3

8pm CBS - Survivor: Fiji:
The castaways compete for a helicopter ride and white water rafting trip. At tribal council another player is voted off.

9-11pm ABC - Grey's Anatomy:
“The Other Side of This Life” - Addison takes temporary leave from Seattle Grace and makes a road trip to Los Angeles in order to visit some old friends from medical school. As Meredith continues to bond with her stepmother, Susan, Cristina reluctantly plans her wedding with the assistance of her mother, Helen, and Burke's mother, Mama Jane. Meanwhile, Derek must perform emergency surgery on Ava/Jane Doe, as Alex continues his unfailing bedside manner with her. This guest star heavy episode sets the stage for the much buzzed about fall '07 Addison spin off.

Worth noting...

8:35-9:20pm NBC - The Office:
The staffers are shocked when a flasher victimizes Phyllis. In response Michael takes the office ladies on a women's appreciation excursion. Meanwhile, Dwight and his nemesis Andy, team up to catch the deviant.

9pm CBS - CSI:
A blackjack dealer is murdered and and several suspects belong to a strange UFO club, whose members believe that shape shifting aliens have mated with humans in order to conquer the human race.

10pm CBS - Shark: Season Finale
The season concludes with Sebastian trying to draw suspected serial killer Wayne Callison, who won an acquital in a previous case, out of hiding in order to get a second chance at justice.