Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Is this scenario racist?

[ QUOTE ]
The Duke Lacrosse Team doesn't consist of saints.

See article here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might actually have meant to link to this (see page 5). Charming bunch of guys, I'm sure.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Then can you please explain to me why everyone has such a problem with Bonds breaking Ruth's record?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone thinks he used steroids and they don't want to see a cheater break his record. I have no problem with him breaking the record and I will be happy when he does. Also since you don't follow baseball, Mark McGwuire has been getting hated on since his grand jury testimony involving his use of steroids and many HOF voters have said they would not vote for him because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

It's not Babe Ruth's record.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Hank Aaron black? (sarcastic voice in mocking of Villainaire)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but at one time it was held by Babe Ruth. There's no way Bonds will break Aaron's record this year, but I'm sure he'll break Ruth's.

The funny thing is that I doubt people will do this much whining when Bonds breaks Aaron's record. Why are people even concerned with Bond's breaking Ruth's record in the first place?

As far as I'm concerned Aaron should be the only one with the record.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd place is not a record. No one cares about Bonds passing Ruth on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

No point in arguing semantics. Also, lots of people care.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it arguing semantics? Babe Ruth doesn't have a HR record, its a simple fact.

If Barry hits like 720 HR (passing Ruth) and then has a bad injury and retires, do you really think it will be a big deal at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I seriously doubt Bonds will be getting death threats like Aaron did.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Then can you please explain to me why everyone has such a problem with Bonds breaking Ruth's record?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone thinks he used steroids and they don't want to see a cheater break his record. I have no problem with him breaking the record and I will be happy when he does. Also since you don't follow baseball, Mark McGwuire has been getting hated on since his grand jury testimony involving his use of steroids and many HOF voters have said they would not vote for him because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but at one time it was held by Babe Ruth. There's no way Bonds will break Aaron's record this year, but I'm sure he'll break Ruth's.

The funny thing is that I doubt people will do this much whining when Bonds breaks Aaron's record. Why are people even concerned with Bond's breaking Ruth's record in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it arguing semantics? Babe Ruth doesn't have a HR record, its a simple fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people would argue that each player holds their own record and bonds is passing them one by one. Your arguing that the word record should only be used for the person who has the most. Either way, there is not a dispute in facts, just words.

Please explain to me how this isn't an arguing semantics???

[/ QUOTE ]

So the guy who just got his first major league HR just passed my record?

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its about personality because Bonds is a douche bag towards the press

[/ QUOTE ]

Mac has always been reclusive and anti-media. Not sure where you think there's a difference on this count.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if its a you have to be there type of thing, but Mac always seemed to come off like a nice guy in interviews. It seemed like the members of the media really liked the guy. Same with Sosa. Bonds not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sosa, definitely. Even during the race to 62 though, Mac was pretty quiet and uncomfortable while Sosa embraced it. This isn't just my opinion, I think it's reasonably well documented. I agree that Bonds has the image of an a-hole. I'm just suggesting that people's love of Mac had nothing to do with his warm and fuzzy love of the media.

[/ QUOTE ]

People never loved Mac. They loved the race. They were receptive to a record being broken because baseball was in such a low place at the time. It was better that sosa was there because he supplied the personality. I think overall people were pretty Mac neutral. Now, ofcourse, baseball is popular, we don't need a home run race to wet our baseball apetites, and so we villify.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people would argue that each player holds their own record and bonds is passing them one by one. Your arguing that the word record should only be used for the person who has the most. Either way, there is not a dispute in facts, just words.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you suck at arguing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats how you choose to think of it--fine. I prefer the just the guy at the top definition myself.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to believe you don't have at least 100 dingers.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
50% OF RAPE CONVICTIONS LACK DNA EVIDENCE.

[/ QUOTE ]

"50% OF RAPE ACQUITTALS LACK DNA EVIDENCE" - what's your god damned point?

In addition to a lack of DNA evidence, there were also no traces of latex, lubricant, or any indication that she recently had sex... much less forced sex. If they DIDN'T use condoms, then that would have increased the likelihood of DNA evidence being found.

She lied. There's no evidence to try these people and it's absurd that an accusation with no proof can inconvenience a bunch of guys so much.