Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Ecstasy Users: Please Read

I tried E about a week ago and did not really get anything out of it. Not sure if I will ever be around that type of stuff. Maybe it's for the best.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:47 PM

I did it weekly(friday or sat night somtimes both) for about 3 years. I just had a MRI about a month ago for an unrelated reason and it was perfectly clean, have a very healthy brain. I haven't taken E in about 6.5 years tho.

Anything is fine in moderation I'm sure. Eating fast food daily is a lot worse for you than dropping E a couple times a month
Old 07-04-2006, 03:52 PM

One side of this argument that people are ignoring is the longterm effects of heroin. I have a friend who was addicted to heroin for several years and got clean. He swears to me that the only ill effects on your body from heroin come from lifestyle changes of junkies, risky behaviors you engage in or health problems you develop as a result of poor diet, not taking care of yourself, sharing needles, etc. He's one of the sharpest people I've ever met in my life, amazing fact retention and he's in great physical shape even though I never see him exercise.

Point being, while there is apparently some disagreement about whether MDMA causes permanent damage to the brain with even a single use (as evidenced by this thread), I haven't seen any evidence that one-time heroin use does any damage other than the risk of addiction.

I do not intend to try heroin however.

NT
Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 PM

Have you seen the HBO special on heroin? It portrays former users who all have this problem of unintentionally knodding off about once every sixty seconds. Wouldn't that be fun?
Old 07-04-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I've done a fair amount of E, i'd say the only effect that sucks and i'm not even sure if this is from the E is that I have tracers in my eyesight (sometimes) and occasionally get a tiny little blackspot in my field of vision that kind of slides off. It's no biggy really. I put this down to a particularly intense binge I went on which included one weekend (3days) of around 20pills. And about 35 over a 3week period.

I now take it probably only once every 2-4 weeks and usually take 2 which gets me still amazingly super high, but I think the E here in China is possibly better than what I was getting in Australia. Recently i'm moving towards just 1 E and taking some crystal meth or perhaps coke on the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

HPPD, Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder is very real, usually cumulative on continuing exposure, and usually permanent. It is sometimes sudden, acute, and permanent.

http://hppdonline.com/index.php

If it's worth it to you to have permanent brain alteration so you can feel, look, and act goofy sometimes, that's up to you. It doesn't strike me as a smart tradeoff.

If you read the support forum on this and other HPPD sites, you will find people who are stuck in mental anguish and torment for the rest of their lives from their hallucinogen use. I think people should be aware of these cases before making informed decisions about use.

eastbay
Old 07-04-2006, 04:47 PM

HPPD, Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder is very real, usually cumulative on continuing exposure, and usually permanent. It is sometimes sudden, acute, and permanent.

If it's worth it to you to have permanent brain alteration so you can feel, look, and act goofy sometimes, that's up to you. It doesn't strike me as a smart tradeoff.

If you read the support forum on this and other HPPD sites, you will find people who are stuck in mental anguish and torment for the rest of their lives from their hallucinogen use. I think people should be aware of these cases before making informed decisions about use.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Ecstasy is a hallucionogen. Id call it a stimulant.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Ecstasy is a hallucionogen. Id call it a stimulant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Ecstasy has both hallucinogenic and stimulant effects. Poster I responded to is describing classic HPPD symptoms of tracers and persistent images.

eastbay
Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess it depends on what you think you get out of the trade.
I have some of the symptoms of HPPD and I don't mind them. It's kind of weird sometimes and can cause me some disorientation, but the experiences that led to it have caused such a fundamental shift for the better in how I perceive the world that I am happy for it.

Not only that, but the risk of actually developing HPPD is low. The erowid page about it is the best reference I could find online, and the researcher cited there suggests 1-5% of LSD users experience some symptoms of HPPD, but that the number who have the disorder is significantly lower. While MDMA can and does cause HPPD, the incidence is lower yet. Not only that, but the disorder goes away. The time it takes to do this varies from days to years, but you are not dooming yourself to a lifetime of distorted perception by trying MDMA.

This sort of fear mongering and blowing risks out of proportion is counter productive, and gets in the way of making a reasoned decision about whether to try MDMA or other drugs. While there are other risks to consider, I think it's best to do so reasonably rather than bringing up rare possibilities. This is like not taking Aspirin for fear of developing ringing in the ears.

Personally I don't take MDMA anymore, but HPPD is about last on my list of reasons not to.

edited just to note that I didn't see you were replying to someone complaining of symptoms, not just warning people about it. Still, HPPD is defined as interfering with the afflicted person's life, which is certainly isn't since imitation says
[ QUOTE ]
it's no biggy really

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-04-2006, 06:55 PM

I did E for 3 years between age of 17 - 20 as did a alot of my friends. It starts off great then the come downs get worse and worse. You feel horrible for a week after - depressed etc. If I could go back to my first time I would slap myself silly. Just cause you had a positive experience this time does n ot mean you will be so lucky next time. You have no idea what muck producers put into tablets. You can die, or suffer mental illness. Its not worth the risk.

Drugs are for mugs.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:40 PM

The huge dosages that some of you have taken amazes me. Do you really need that much to feel it after you've done it for a while?