Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:07 AM

Default Re: High Quality H2O

Deer Park. None of this "enhanced with minerals" bullcrap that Aquafina and Dasani do. Also, the tinted bottles annoy me. Deer Park is pure and non-tinted, and the .5-liter bottles are the perfect size.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 AM

rocket,

I was just asking, not proposing. $5,000ish is probably as high as I'd go without doing some research/testing myself, though I suspect I'll be willing to go higher after doing that. Anyway, if you're in Vegas like your location says, $500 is fine to do this for fun sometime when I happen to be out there.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:10 AM

El D,

huge water bill was comped, but still blew my mind.

voss probably doesn't taste any better, but it sorta seems like it should or how else could they charge so much. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

i actually made sure to request cheaper water the rest of the trip just out of guilt and shame for pure wastefulness of resources and my buddies comps.

i am going to hold my own water taste test, but i don't think that i will be very accurate in determining anything other than what i like and don't like, no way i could get specific.

i buy volvic at the health food store in the huge bottles and try to pound one down everyday and seem to like that stuff, that is the only reason i mentioned it.

btw, do you have a favorite?

cheers. J.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:59 AM

ElD,

Sounds good to me.

edit to state explicitly: Yes, I am in Vegas.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of you underestimate how powerful the human ability to "perceive" a desired difference where there is none is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read "How we know what isn't so" for more, but entire industries are built around people convincing themselves that there is an effect where there ain't.

El Diablo can spend rocket's $500 yesterday assuming a reasonable testing structure.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:16 AM

Smart water is my fav.

I drank bottle/brita in my old apartment with scary plumbing. My last two places have had tap water that's fine.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:27 AM

Diablo,

I can sooo tell the difference between arrowhead and dasani. Dasani has a slighty bitter taste while arrowhead has a softer taste. I struggle to find a word to describe arrowhead and soft is as close as I can come up with. I'd wager about $1000 on it.

As for distinguishing between brita filtered, straight tap, melted ices cubes, dasani, high priced I can't say with confidence.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:42 AM

toss,

arrowhead is spring water. dasani is glorified tap water. I'm only interested in wagering against people who are going to distinguish between multiple filtered tap waters and multiple spring waters.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you (pkr, sooga, etc.) who said that one brand was terrible, please let me know which brands you think are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Dasani tastes bad--it is bitter. I couldn't distinguish between Fiji and Arrowhead or anything like that.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:44 AM

My two favorites are Aquafina and Sparklets Crystal Clear Drinking water. Since those are filter waters (I believe) I may try a Brita filter to see if I can do it myself.
Closed Thread