Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Closest you\'ve come to death?

Drew,

I hope you got some kind of money from TB.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drew,

I hope you got some kind of money from TB.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. When I called them from ICU to tell them I wouldnt be in for a couple days the guy got an attitude and wanted to know how long he was gonna have to cover for me.

I got them back in the long run.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:45 PM

i almost died when i was born.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4) I somewhat mentally fought a a cocaine overdose a few years ago. I had been drinking alot of bourbon and did a shitload of coke. I remember after I did some sets of rails in a few minutes, my body got completely hot. I felt like I was going to faint. My body was drenching with sweat in the span about about five seconds. I went straight to the fridge/freezer and chugged about 60 oz of water. I then proceeded to lay down on the couch, losing my vision. I could barely see anything. My heart was about to come out of my chest. It felt like I didn't have a heartbeat as my heart was beating so [censored] fast. I was praying, figuring I was about to die. I was scared to death, literally feeling myself nearing death. After some time, which I don't remember, everything started to return back to normal except a very fluttery heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went through this same experience my freshman year smoking weed which I later figured out was laced with something, possibly PCP but now I think it may have been coke due to your description (I've neither done coke or PCP willingly).

After a couple hits, 15 minutes later I'm imagining people are following me in the dorm halls. I get to my room, my skin is burning up, I chug and then dump a couple gallon bottles of water on myself. My heart feels like its beating through my chest, I tear off my shirt and stare into the mirror, and I think I can see my heart beating through my skin. I was clenching every muscle in my body for what seemed like hours, I finally laid down on my bed and figured I was going to die (again, calling 911 didn't seem to cross my mind). I remember thinking how bad its gonna suck dying from some heavy drug that I had never done before and everyone back home was going to find out that I OD'd after being a pretty straight-laced (no pun intended) kid. After a while things began to calm down and I fell asleep exhausted. Pretty much sucked, but I woke up the next morning and was feeling okay. Scared me pretty good though.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:50 PM

ads, your story about the gunfight you had in Afrique was pretty sweet. glad you made it out.

Diablo, that looked like a nasty accident. where in the SUV were you seated?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM

Quiet Riot's "Come on feel the noise" and Twisted Sister's "We're not gonna take it".

The intro's are way too similar.

EDIT: I just realized I clicked on the wrong thread. Oh well, I'll leave it.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:56 PM

Did a complete 360 in the middle of Interstate 80, just outside of Truckee. Was much younger/stupider. Did I mention stupider? A friend and I were in two cars, simultaneously going to back to school and transporting my ex-gf's '59 VW Bug back to her in WA state. I had done some restoration work on the Bug before we broke up, it was hers, and I needed to get it back to her. I was driving the VW and my friend was driving my Honda Accord. After pulling hard through most of the Sierras, the motor in the Bug lost a rod bearing just shy of Donner Summit. Instead of calling for a tow truck, we decided to get a tow strap and tow the VW into Truckee -- after all, it's only a few miles and mostly downhill. (Genius...pure genius...)

My friend took the wheel of the Bug and I took the lead in the Honda. My vague instructions to him were, "use just enough brake to keep a steady distance between the vehicles; don't try to slow both vehicles, and keep some slack in the strap." So we head down Donner Pass, he uses too much brake, and as anyone who wasn't us on that afternoon can guess, the VW's tiny 1959-era brakes are completely overwhelmed trying to slow TWO vehicles without any benefit from engine-braking.

After we pass the outskirts of Truckee but before we enter the town proper I look in the mirror and see him waving his arms in terror -- the brakes have faded completely. And then there's that moment when you know you're [censored] -- when you see the vehicle that you're towing pass you, and it's still connected to the rear of your vehicle. The next part happened very quickly -- he moved past me on my right, causing me to spin counter-clockwise 360 degrees in the middle of I-80. There were a few other cars near us, but none right next to us; we somehow managed to miss them all.

Miraculously, my Honda came to rest in the median strip without striking any other vehicles or even sustaining much damage. The Bug came to rest on the side of the road, slowed by taking a couple of snow markers right in the center of the front bumper. It's front end/hood are totaled, but it is still able to roll. Neither of us is hurt. We quickly remove the remains of the tow strap (which very thankfully severed at some point, and thus saved our lives) before the CHP arrives. We are able to put the blame for the VW's damage on its aging, failed brakes, the CHP takes our word and calls us a tow truck, and we limp into Reno a few hours later, very shaken and feeling like we should, by all rights, be dead. From stupidity. We spend the rest of the trip back to school discussing this fact, specifically a) how [censored] stupid I was for suggesting this, and b) how [censored] stupid he was for agreeing to it.

Other than that, it was a great trip.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I come in second for hitting a deer on a motorcycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's one talented deer.

was he w/ this guy?

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl. Nice.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:30 PM

Patton,

Your experience definitely does not sound like a cocaine OD. This happened to me pretty quickly. My heart has gone out of control before, but the losing my vision had never happened to me when I had cocaethylene in my system.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:35 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

During the riots after the new england patriots won the world series some of you may remember there was a hit and run driver who killed 1 and severly injured a few others, i was actually standing about 15 feet from the guy that was killed although i did'nt know it at the time

that could have easily been someone watching me get run down