Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Train Wreck...

For those that say you don't like Krishan's flop 3-bet (not saying it's good...I'm not too fond of it either), what do you do with the turn and river after a flop call? Obviously, the hand plays differently if villain still has initiative on the turn.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Train Wreck...

[ QUOTE ]
For those that say you don't like Krishan's flop 3-bet (not saying it's good...I'm not too fond of it either), what do you do with the turn and river after a flop call? Obviously, the hand plays differently if villain still has initiative on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you call the flop it's an easy fold when Villain bets the turn ace.

A more interesting question is do you accept a free card? I think checkraise-ace-check means Villain is not ready to give up on this. He's either feels he is good enough to call down or else he is protecting his straight draw from being raised. Of course a third possibility is he has aces up or a set and is using the ace to checkraise you.

A subtle point here is that checking your hand represents a small pair that plans to call the river. The elements of the representation are 1) having something to call the flop with, 2) not having an ace to bet, and 3) not stabbing at the pot as many players would do with an unshowable hand. The value of seeming to have a pair is it gives you a very good chance at a free showdown when QT unimproved is the best hand.