Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: I 4bet with A8s

[ QUOTE ]
no, I don't think I'll 'hit more flops' I think that those flops that I do hit are more likely to have missed his bluffing and non-bluffing range than is the case with A8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your whole point here is about commitment. The times that an ace flops and we both get it all in A8 vs Ax (higher kicker) are rare. The odds of that happening are <12%.

[ QUOTE ]
If you think hitting an A with A8 in a three bet pot means that you can 'comfortably commit to the pot' you're either out of touch or playing in much different games than I am. You realize that 97cc has more equity vs your opponents calling range on a A96 board than does A8 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting caught up on the word comfortably. We are committed regardless.

[ QUOTE ]
A8 hits second or third pair a fair bit of the time as well, cannot possibly flop a two card straight draw and is well behind you're opponents double barreling range or his calling range with often very little to no equity on A high flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just re-stated what you said before. We know we are behind his doubling barreling range (i.e. villains calling range on ACE high flops.). You know 97s is behind villains double barreling range on 9 high flops too? Anyways you just said the same thing like 3 different ways in this paragraph.

[/ QUOTE ]As for having 'showdown value', that's sort of silly. If you're going to float the flop with A8 it shouldn't be to check it down but to take the pot later vs the same unpaired hands I'm taking the pot from with suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said we had showdown value in any of my posts. I stated we are ahead of villains 3betting range with ace high . If we call, we are FLOATING (i.e. bluffing) and it is mandatory to bet the turn if he checks, no great wisdom there.

[ QUOTE ]
With full stacks and three streets of betting connectors can be harder to play than Ax hands but we've got 1/6 of our stack in and generally two streets of betting which doesn't leave a lot of room to get 'outplayed' when in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded part is correct. The second statement assumes two streets of betting. This is a bad assumption.