Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: does anyone else think nvg and bbv are just stains on 2+2?

just a thought...

railbirds= most likely to be broke crappy loser degens

broke crappy loser degens are probably the least likely customers to buy a book on poker of any poker fan.

not sure if this would be great in a business sense.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 PM

Nick,

1- I don't want anything to do with modding these forums.

2- diebitter claimed that he wasn't trying to destroy OOT, my idea is specifically TO nuke NVG.

Gild,

We have other forums that don't really target big money demos. The fact is that people love railbirding those games, and I think giving them an outlet for that is a swell idea if for no other reason than to keep it out of more respectable locations.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Nick, just because its popular doesnt mean it doesnt need tweaking. Dont change the strategy of NVG, but change the tactics used if things arent working out. Problem is there is still no clear goal for 2+2. Its what I said in that other thread. WE ARE ARGUING OVER WHATS BEST FOR THE SITE COMPLETELY IN THE DARK, WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SITE EVEN WANTS. Its really pointless discussion until we have a goal to aim for. 4 goals off the top of my head are maximization of posts, maximization of page views, maximization of book sales and highest caliber content around. Some overlap of course and can be achieved with the same strategy, but it would be good for some clarification from up top.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:10 PM

It's balance. We want the maximum number of users possible without a complete degradation of quality. The arguments over a forum like NVG are very useful in determing where the lines are drawn.

And it's going to differ depending on the forum. BBV4 life should have the maximum number of users possible without getting us sued. The probability forum is all about learning. OOT is somewhere in the middle.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wanting to change one of the most popular forums on 2+2 is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Nick, NVG serves a purpose. If you all really think its gotten too retarded, we can crack down more harshly on some of the threads, but I think it works, and I try to delete the stuff thats unnecessarily insulting, etc. I could be harsher, but, past experience modding another forum leads me to believe that that is not what the site wants either...

Edit: Also, I must be the only person here who actually enjoys reading NVG I guess. And its not just for the railtarding (which I don't really find that interesting and wouldn't be terribly interested in modding). I do agree that it is the "News" that is the most interesting.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, RE: BBV4L

I'm now taking the stance that if it even smells like a previously banned poster, I'm banning it and sorting out the mess later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this official BBV4L policy? I'll be happy to join in on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

I mean unless Ryan/Mat want to tell us not to, but I feel like most of the time people are so damn obvious (hi I have 3 posts and am making SIIHP refs) that I don't feel compelled to match IPs or whatever. In the past I was basically waiting for them to screw up or make it more obvious, but I'm sick of banned posters popping up again and hope that this will limit that.

I'd also like to NOT make this decision public for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i think this is a terrible "rule," and not just because it's against the current spirit of the site-wide rules, but because it's kinda stupid.

as for me modding any other forum: i'm not interested at the moment.

as for "first" "shotgun" etc, i personally agree that it's just entirely unfunny, played out, etc, and i'd think that an escalating ban policy would be just fine. or maybe you know, a post saying that it's not OK.

as for a "name pro" friendly forum... honestly who the f cares? there's like 20 name pros that anyone cares about, there's like, 8 of them that seem to care about the internet, and we've already scared off the bulk of those. i don't think that like, gus hansen is suddenly going to come looking for an internet forum to talk about stuff just because the tone improves. i do think that barryg is pretty much cool enough that we should do anything to keep him around though, so take that for what it's worth.

homework now, lates.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 AM

Just want to say that I agree with yeti. BBV is horrible in so many ways.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM

BBV4Life is great, and the mods are doing a great job in there.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 AM

i like having bbv4l. a lot of the fun in life is locker room talk.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like having bbv4l. a lot of the fun in life is locker room talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a lot of fun is illicit drugs and illegally obtaining music. These things all have their place, that place is not necessarily here.