Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: 100r small boat

You always seem like the type of player to be 100% expoitable in your deeper stack situations I am surprised you don't see the flaws in your thinking here not giving yourself any hand you are bet/calling this river with.

I dunno I openly admit I am not that strong postflop but def improved a lot but I like to take lines that are slightly weighted and if we are never bet bet/calling a river shove then we should be doing something else on the river albiet a c/r to make him confused fake blocking bet.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You always seem like the type of player to be 100% expoitable in your deeper stack situations I am surprised you don't see the flaws in your thinking here not giving yourself any hand you are bet/calling this river with.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't really care how much i come off as a dbag or whatever but to make the point, i'm probably one of the top few hundred nlhe cash game players at 100+ bb deep, so to say that i do anything exploitable and that my ranges arent as close to balanced as possible is pretty ridiculous.

you do realize that in order for it to be exploitable, in order for you to say we're foling the absolute top end of our range here and he's bluffing to make us do that, he has to KNOW what the top of our range is.... and lol, seriously man, you think he knows that? he's thinking more about the absolute value of his hand than the relative value of ours.

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno I openly admit I am not that strong postflop but def improved a lot but I like to take lines that are slightly weighted and if we are never bet bet/calling a river shove then we should be doing something else on the river albiet a c/r to make him confused fake blocking bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what you're saying here, tbh
Old 11-07-2007, 06:36 AM

Jones,

I think an abridged version of what Deeb is saying is that if we're going to bet/fold the river we ought to check/shove instead.

I have no idea if he's right since i'm also kinda meh post.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding the river is bad when the fd missed. You are full on this texture a whopping .001% of the time you misclick complete with A2

[/ QUOTE ] this is just dumb. the FD missing is not even close to a good enough reason to call here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that thought process doesn't make sense at all.

so first you claim that you're going to stack the guy often enough. in order to stack him, he needs to have a big hand.

but then you say the times you stack him will only account for 30% of the chips you win on average, meaning you're going to take the pot down uncontested a lot. in order to do that, both BB and limper need to have nothing a lot.

but if they have nothing a lot, you aren't going to stack them very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't believe you guys cant understand this, i'm absolutely shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand what you are saying, don't think it makes A2o worth a limp here, but just saying that he did contradict himself pretty bad w/o giving all the explaination you did.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:07 AM

after looking at the HH this seems like a way easier fold than be4. A t first i figured it was a smallish raise on the river he was pretty commited to calling. Looking at the HH he shoves for 5 x our bet and it definitely looks like the nuts. And even though a e is a d bag hes right in the fact that this player probably has no idea what the top end of our range is and is probably on the zeroth level playing off his own cards
Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-07-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So as to not insight a riot I'll give this friendly piece of advice: I think all serious tournament players would be better tournament players if they learned how to play and beat 100bb cash game poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

...AND know how to adjust these cash game skills to tournament poker. Because most tournament players don't play like cash game players, being a good cash player may actually lead to wrong conclutions and too nitty postflop play in deepstack situations.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think all serious tournament players would be better tournament players if they learned how to play and beat 100bb cash game poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree, good advice for some (esp excellent tournament-)players, but for most of the tournament players I think it would hurt their game more than it should give.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
being a good cash player may actually lead to wrong conclutions and too nitty postflop play in deepstack situations.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is 100% wrong ranges even 30bbs deep I will make folds in tournies that I would never ever make in cash games. It has nothing to do with ICM or CEV vs $Ev but for the most part ranges in tournaments are a lot stronger in general than in online cash games.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Why are people suggesting preflop we are playing for two pair or better? I would bet I have a positive expectation with a2o on an Axx board after completing. Just because I'm not stacking off doesn't mean I'm not playing profitably.

It took me way to long to figure out what villain has when Blueman said stupid two outer.

If villain made a standard raise to we call or shove?