Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
why do u feel that aljazeera is less reputable than western sources? Seems very ethnocentric.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:18 AM

and the argument you use is the same line the bush administration took when leading up to war in Iraq. The preemptive strike, it's a uniquely fascist technique, attacking them to ensure your own safety...
Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do u feel that aljazeera is less reputable than western sources? Seems very ethnocentric.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]
examples? or was your opinion formed for u?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and the argument you use is the same line the bush administration took when leading up to war in Iraq. The preemptive strike, it's a uniquely fascist technique, attacking them to ensure your own safety...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the argument I use is that way too many people casually brush across the front page of a news paper every other morning and don't have a clue what the hell is actually going on over in Iraq and have these sick fantasies that security agents screened through Blackwater and about 12 other security companies are running through the streets fighting with the soldiers, yet somehow they're immune from the laws that govern the soldiers. The truth is, they only have incidental contact with the soldiers, they're not out there fighting side by side with them. Security agents have a job to do, soldiers have theirs, and they rarely cross paths.

Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide. I believe, as I've stated earlier in this thread, that alot of the hatred for Blackwater is actually hatred for the US Military, and often Blackwater gets blamed for things the US Military did.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I shouldn't be able to do my job, which is get this person or convoy from point A to point B, because some inbred throwback who is such a coward he hides behind innocent civilians and dresses to blend in with them decides to shoot up an innocent American dignitary?

Not in my world. Just don't shoot me, I won't shoot you, we'll get along just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not what appeared to have happened at all in the last Blackwater episode of note. You are in total denial of reality dude. Blackwater tells you to use some drugs too, to make you more compliant and less intelligent? Next you are going to tell me that Saddam was involved in 9/11, or that Iraq did have WMD's. You are really setting yourself up to look like a buffoon here! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shame on you, Blackwater!
Old 11-04-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I shouldn't be able to do my job, which is get this person or convoy from point A to point B, because some inbred throwback who is such a coward he hides behind innocent civilians and dresses to blend in with them decides to shoot up an innocent American dignitary?

Not in my world. Just don't shoot me, I won't shoot you, we'll get along just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not what appeared to have happened at all in the last Blackwater episode of note. You are in total denial of reality dude. Blackwater tells you to use some drugs too, to make you more compliant and less intelligent? Next you are going to tell me that Saddam was involved in 9/11, or that Iraq did have WMD's. You are really setting yourself up to look like a buffoon here! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright MidGe, you're gonna have to go on block here. You're again confusing (or intentionally attempting to change the subject to) the Iraq war, when I said earlier I wasn't going to talk about it, mainly because YOU AND I AGREE ON THE IRAQ WAR!

As for the "latest incident" you don't know what happened. I don't either. When we do, we can decide.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, shame on Bush! right?! Who's with me?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Sue me.

[/ QUOTE ]
examples? or was your opinion formed for u?

[/ QUOTE ]

US Nukes Syria

Thats a start.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the argument I use is that way too many people casually brush across the front page of a news paper every other morning and don't have a clue what the hell is actually going on over in Iraq and have these sick fantasies that security agents screened through Blackwater and about 12 other security companies are running through the streets fighting with the soldiers, yet somehow they're immune from the laws that govern the soldiers. The truth is, they only have incidental contact with the soldiers, they're not out there fighting side by side with them. Security agents have a job to do, soldiers have theirs, and they rarely cross paths.

Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide. I believe, as I've stated earlier in this thread, that alot of the hatred for Blackwater is actually hatred for the US Military, and often Blackwater gets blamed for things the US Military did.

[/ QUOTE ] Everyone needs to actually learn what Blackwater does, what security agents do, what the soldiers do, then decide.

I think the part that unnerves people is the potential there for a private military and or private military police service patrolling the world, unchecked by anyone. Maybe that's not what they are now, but i think i read somewhere in this thread about blackwater tanks and aircraft and such? If so, seems like there is a lot there to really be concerned about. see, to me, you're saying "i like the idea of a private super military, with soldiers who receive training second to none in the world, with a structure such that no one at the company can be held liable for worker malfeasance, with IMMUNITY granted by the US, running wild with billions of $$$$$ all around the world" maybe im hearing you wrong but...
Old 11-04-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, shame on Bush! right?! Who's with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that was where MidGe was going, and was trying to stop it. We've never had a good discussion about private security contractors overseas without it degenerating into a big "Stop the Iraq War/Bush Sucks" circle jerk.