Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If Santana Moss doesn't play this week, who plays?
G. Jennings @ MIN 2 22.22%
Re. Williams vs HOU 7 77.78%
Ma. Clayton @ TEN 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

[ QUOTE ]
peyton >>> brady

pats >> indy

saying peyton > brady and thats why indy > pats is really silly. the patriots have better skill players and a better defense (by a noticeable margin IMO).

[/ QUOTE ]
Skill Players? I don't know about that. Addai averaging 4.9 YPC, Keith averaging 4.7 YPC. I think the Patriots are better, but they're better b/c of how sick that passing game is, so yeah, I think they're better at WR. Defense is pretty close though. NE's probably better, but it's not a huge difference.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
peyton >>> brady

pats >> indy

saying peyton > brady and thats why indy > pats is really silly. the patriots have better skill players and a better defense (by a noticeable margin IMO).

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss >>> Harrison
Wayne >>> Welker/Stallworth/whoever
Addai so far has been >> Maroney

Who you referring to for skill players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are missing Dallas Clark which I feel has found a way to torch safies and LB's this year. Clark is an enourmous part of the offense, not to mention his blocking skills have increased this year as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

ben watson?

Indy has two legit #1's.

Moss is better than a legit #1.

Stallworth/Welker are not even in Harrison or Waynes league.

Addai has performed better than Maroney. Clark has performed better than any NE TE.

Saying NE has better skill players is a huge stretch.

NE has a big edge on defense, and a big edge with Moss.

Every other skill position and QB Indy has an edge in my estimation.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wayne isnt better than two guys..he is prob better than stallworth, but welker >>>>>>>>>> than #3....

[/ QUOTE ]
Welker is the #2 option though. Just because he's in the slot is no reason to put him behind Stallworth in the hierarchy.

Also, LOL at the prob. Wayne is definitely better than Stallworth.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wayne isnt better than two guys..he is prob better than stallworth, but welker >>>>>>>>>> than #3....

[/ QUOTE ]
Welker isn't >>>>>>>>> Morehead or Gonzalez or whomever. Look at the numbers Stokley put up in Indy a couple of years ago. Welker didn't find some fountain of youth. He is a good slot or mediocre number 2 reciever and he isn't that much better than a replacement level reciever. The gap between Wayne and Stallworth is similar to the gap between Colts #3 adn Welker maybe bigger.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:58 PM

Watson has been really, really good this year (but yeah, they probably won't have him for the next game).
Old 10-28-2007, 09:59 PM

I don't think NE has a big advantage on def but definitely an advantage. I will be the first to admit that I thought the losses in the offseason was going to hurt the Colts tremendously on defense, yup, I was wrong.

Bob Sanders is the heart and soul of the Colts, with him on the field I feel like that unit thinks they can accomplish anything. That DL at times is tremendous. I do feel like they are hit or miss, especially on 3rd and long, I truly dislike Freeney's pass rushing style, but it is extremely effective so what do I know. I'll let those more in the know of NE comment on them. And hopefully people that know Indy better than I do go further.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think NE has a big advantage on def but definitely an advantage. I will be the first to admit that I thought the losses in the offseason was going to hurt the Colts tremendously on defense, yup, I was wrong.

Bob Sanders is the heart and soul of the Colts, with him on the field I feel like that unit thinks they can accomplish anything. That DL at times is tremendous. I do feel like they are hit or miss, especially on 3rd and long, I truly dislike Freeney's pass rushing style, but it is extremely effective so what do I know. I'll let those more in the know of NE comment on them. And hopefully people that know Indy better than I do go further.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say that the Colts are surprisingly solid on defense. And Bob Sanders is a complete stud. I don't know how to quantify how big the edge is, but I do favor the Pats there by a decent margin. But, I don't know either that well so could very well be wrong.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 PM

tty guys next sunday night.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Welker isn't >>>>>>>>> Morehead or Gonzalez or whomever. Look at the numbers Stokley put up in Indy a couple of years ago. Welker didn't find some fountain of youth. He is a good slot or mediocre number 2 reciever and he isn't that much better than a replacement level reciever. The gap between Wayne and Stallworth is similar to the gap between Colts #3 adn Welker maybe bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]
If Clark isn't the Colts #3 (and let's face it, he is), I don't really think the Colts have a guy as good as Welker is on their roster. I don't think Moorehead or Gonzalez are mediocre #2 WR's right now.