Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

That's why I don't care one iota about anyone's personality / blah blah blah. As much as people like to think they know someone, you don't. Hell, people think they know you off of internet posts, but I bet if people started randomly psychoanalyzing you you'd laugh at how incredibly wrong they were.

Just another example of how people let their emotions control them, which the media readily capitalizes on. Bonds for life.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He actually has with some, not so much with others, but anybody who has spent time in a clubhouse will tell you that's pretty much par for the course for most big leaguers.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, being your teams unquestionable MVP for 10+ years usually end in bitter departure. Totally standard. Predictable, like all the other guys it happens to.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He actually has with some, not so much with others, but anybody who has spent time in a clubhouse will tell you that's pretty much par for the course for most big leaguers.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, being your teams unquestionable MVP for 10+ years usually end in bitter departure. Totally standard. Predictable, like all the other guys it happens to.

[/ QUOTE ]

About as standard as the media doing everything they can in their power to paint an unfair portrait of a player they don't like.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite attempting to be sarcastic, your actually more right than you realize.

It wasn't any more or less a bitter departure than most guys with tenure see happen when they read....it's just that you usually don't see such a negative spin put on it by journalistic hacks who are trying to project their own version of events onto reality.

Seriously, watch the game.

I know it sounds crazy, but put down the newspapers, the online journals, the story from SI...and WATCH THE GAME.

Watch his last game, watch the owner literally crying like a baby. Watch his press conference where they discussed how immensely difficult a decision it was to part with Bonds, and how they will forever be in his debt for where he brought the franchise in the past 15 years.

Watch the game, and tell me what bitterness you see....don't tell me what you're told to believe when you read a newspaper or an online article of some guy in random newsrooms telling you what to think.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how they will forever be in his debt for where he brought the franchise in the past 15 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly cause he's like the GOAT
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean is soon to be Carpal \'Tunnel just based off of his Bonds-related posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq, usually you're firing on all cylinders, but this one needs some work. D-

I am more a fan of your "HEY GUISE GUESS WHAT..." stuff....that shyte gets me rolling on the floor laughing, no kidding around.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:10 AM

RedBean,

I kid because I care. You are the only person in the universe that could convince me that Bonds isn't an unpleasant, cheating, spoiled self-serving ass. It hasn't happened yet though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 AM

seriously how many other players have produced so much for so long and bitterly depart? Par for the course. I happen to be one of the people who thinks that trying to argue against him being the greatest of all time is really damn hard, but it is just stupid to act like his isn't a player who produced a ridiculously gigantic outlier number of wins and success and left this much bad will. You can argue for not considering him in the wrong but you can't argue that a huge amount of people don't disagree with that. You are trying to create a consensus that he is loved and thats [censored].
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 AM

i cant believe you clowns continually fall for red beans bs. so just bc the star player in his excellent anecdotes is not bonds means bonds is a great guy and his label as [censored] is completely misplaced? ya sure.

red bean has a lot of good things to say but hes one of the most disingenous posters on the site. it sucks bc he could make his point much stronger if he didnt revert to such garbage. tho, mebbe its better since none of yall call him on it and instead immediately fall to your knees when he appears.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:18 AM

It's mainly because he's pretty much the only poster on this site whose entire arguments consist of logical opinions backed by doses of facts and sources backed by more logical opinions.