Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will Philly turn it around and grab a wildcard?
Yes 22 41.51%
Probably Not 14 26.42%
No 9 16.98%
They will blow it on the last play of the season in true Philly style 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Universal Healthcare? Can it work? I\'m doubtful...

[ QUOTE ]
Were not trashing your system we just think its broken. I never Realized our system Canada was ranked 30th. Damn them French. I just would not have wanted to have my surgeries in your system when i was younger and my parents had no health coverage.

Question what does the average American pay for Health Coverage?

[/ QUOTE ]

$112/mo

Vision
Dental
Medical
Rx

Full Family plan

$10 Co-pay, $10 Rx, $5 Generic Rx.

The government can't beat that. That's why I'm against it.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Still I'd argue for universal healthcare. I'm just that nice a guy huh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess its easier to rob me if you pretend to be nice
Old 10-24-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DB,

*shrug* any ranking is going to be subjective. For the money the US is putting into health most countries could have a stellar system. However you slice it, the US doesn't seem to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? I can think of lots of ways of slicing it that shows that the US system is "stellar".

Lots of people like to use these metrics to point out that cuba has a "better" system than the US. How many non-cubans have you heard of trying to get in to see a cuban doctor when they have a dire need?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well name some ways and we can discuss it. I'm not arguing that Cuba has a better health system than the US. It's very good for the country's economic status obviously.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were not trashing your system we just think its broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. Just not as much as others.

[ QUOTE ]
Question what does the average American pay for Health Coverage?

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is really kind of pointless once you understand that "coverage" isn't some fixed quantity.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DB,

*shrug* any ranking is going to be subjective. For the money the US is putting into health most countries could have a stellar system. However you slice it, the US doesn't seem to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? I can think of lots of ways of slicing it that shows that the US system is "stellar".

Lots of people like to use these metrics to point out that cuba has a "better" system than the US. How many non-cubans have you heard of trying to get in to see a cuban doctor when they have a dire need?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well name some ways and we can discuss it. I'm not arguing that Cuba has a better health system than the US. It's very good for the country's economic status obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a perfect example. Trauma Care. Find a country anywhere in the world that has better treatment for Gunshots/Stabbings/Horrific Car wrecks than America.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a result, people are dying in ambulances because they have to drive past 3 hospitals to get to the one that has the facilities to treat their condition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he is correct. People in Buffalo are driving by three american hospitals to get to a CDN one. Lighten up I am kidding.

Were still waiting for him to provide the link top his false statement
Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DB,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a perfect example. Trauma Care. Find a country anywhere in the world that has better treatment for Gunshots/Stabbings/Horrific Car wrecks than America.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will googletard, but off the top of my head I recall that Italy is supposed to have the best trauma care.

Still I am thinking of overall health outcomes, not specific areas of care. Each country is better or worse at specific areas. I think the US is supposed to be the best for certain types of cancer.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should start by defining what you mean when you say "health care" and "insurance".

[/ QUOTE ]

Health Care = Getting care that I need when I'm sick

Insurance = Something that sucks money out of my pocket when I'm not sick

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's a really retarded way of looking at it. And it doesn't really answer my question.

What most people refer to as health "insurance" in the US is actually no such thing. It's more of a managed care plan, which includes uninsurable services like routine checkups, immunizations for kids, physicals. That type of stuff, which is a major portion of "health care" is NOT insurable.

So when you say insurance, what do you think should be "covered" by insurance?

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, your Health INSURANCE is NOT going to cover the costs of your Health CARE. Fix that problem, I don't care how you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a problem? My car insurance doesn't cover the costs of my car CARE. It doesn't cover oil changes. Or tires. Or brakes.

Why are you asking *me* to "fix" this problem?

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody's brought up any ideas that will do that. Therefore, I'll give the "monopoly insurance" a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think everyone else should be drug along to suffer the consquences of your wild guessing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then, enjoy your system where you can't afford to get sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can afford it. In fact, contrary to what you beleive, real insurance is quite affordable.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can afford it. In fact, contrary to what you beleive, real insurance is quite affordable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disbelieve that insurance is affordable. I pay it every month. I DO disbelieve that insurance will cover the costs of your health care.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see how anyone could look at what our government is doing now and has done throughout history and think it would be a good idea to give them a few trillion more bucks for any reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

To transfer power and control to a more democratizing force than unnacountable profit driven tyrannies?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT