Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: \"buffoonery by blacks whitening NFL\" article by Jason Whitlock

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The real issue is essentially, as xorbie also said, young rich people with ego's. They act stupid and in our society, if you are rich, you think you can do whatever you want. It doesn't matter what race you are. The only variable IMO is background, and that really only effects in what manner a person acts out. A hip hop culture has as much relevance in this discussion as a rock culture or whatever. The argument that hip hop has an effect is so O'Reillyish its ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC, you may be right about this, but how do you explain the fact that all the recent young, rich people with ego's making spectacles of themselves mostly happen to be black? For the life of me, I can't think of one white athlete these days who are equivalent to Michael Vick, etc.

Media bias? My own racial blinders? What?

For the record, I have no problem pointing out silly, arrogant [censored] no matter what race they happen to be! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you limiting it to athletes? What about Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Brittney Spears, etc, etc, etc. How many child stars have turned into drugged out pieces of [censored]? For a low level example, look at Andy Reid's kids. Gun and heavy drug charges. Andy is about as white as you get, so where is the black influence there?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The real issue is essentially, as xorbie also said, young rich people with ego's. They act stupid and in our society, if you are rich, you think you can do whatever you want. It doesn't matter what race you are. The only variable IMO is background, and that really only effects in what manner a person acts out. A hip hop culture has as much relevance in this discussion as a rock culture or whatever. The argument that hip hop has an effect is so O'Reillyish its ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC, you may be right about this, but how do you explain the fact that all the recent young, rich people with ego's making spectacles of themselves mostly happen to be black? For the life of me, I can't think of one white athlete these days who are equivalent to Michael Vick, etc.

Media bias? My own racial blinders? What?

For the record, I have no problem pointing out silly, arrogant [censored] no matter what race they happen to be! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have never heard of Paris Hilton.

EDIT: Damn you Spellman.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shockey?

[/ QUOTE ]

ha.. I was thinking about mentioning him and heavy metal earlier. metal dude!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:40 AM

jason whitlock is the man!

i used to be a big NFL fan but no longer.

i can't stand gangsta life, rap music, hip hop, and thuggery.

can't stand michael irvin, but i like tom jackson

they started some nfl game with rap music either on sunday or monday night and i immediately turned it off. but then again i hate when they play rock or country to kick it off.

i just hate the NFL. college football is so much superior
Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 AM

I hate brining up race and feel it's really overplayed by the media especially in sports. However a lot of people who prefer college sports, specifically basketball prefer it because it's whiter. Better fundamentals, more team play, more passing, scrappy players, they are really trying etc.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shockey?

[/ QUOTE ]

does he do anything on or off the field worth reporting on? I haven't really heard anything about him except he's a bit surly.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shockey?

[/ QUOTE ]

does he do anything on or off the field worth reporting on? I haven't really heard anything about him except he's a bit surly.

[/ QUOTE ]

But really why don't we hear about Backstreet Boys Culture when Paris drives her car into a pole?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 AM

I don't have a link right now, but I heard something earlier today that I think is telling...

For what its worth, I never thought Chad Johnson was a bad thing for any team. He has fun with the game, he plays hard, and he doesn't seem to go out of his way to antagonize - even his list of "who can cover Ocho Cinco" or whatever was fun.

However, it seems that he's decided its time to back off for a while. Maybe he read Whitlock's article or something, but he said something to the effect of cutting out all the TD celebrations until the Bengals are winning again. He recognizes that a lot of his antics were when things were going well, and now that they're losing, its time to focus on fundamentals again.

Just a little note. I never thought CJ was a bad guy, and he seems to be keeping himself in line.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a link right now, but I heard something earlier today that I think is telling...

For what its worth, I never thought Chad Johnson was a bad thing for any team. He has fun with the game, he plays hard, and he doesn't seem to go out of his way to antagonize - even his list of "who can cover Ocho Cinco" or whatever was fun.

However, it seems that he's decided its time to back off for a while. Maybe he read Whitlock's article or something, but he said something to the effect of cutting out all the TD celebrations until the Bengals are winning again. He recognizes that a lot of his antics were when things were going well, and now that they're losing, its time to focus on fundamentals again.

Just a little note. I never thought CJ was a bad guy, and he seems to be keeping himself in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is exactly right and its part of the reason I absolutely love Chad Johnson. He does crazy, ridiculous, stupid things, but at the same time you get the sense that he GETS it. He is being facetious. He isn't really that guy, he just understands how [censored] hilarious it is. Contrast to someone like Keyshawn or Michael Irvin, or even Deion, thats just the guy that they are. And thats fine too, I guess, but its so much easier to tolerate that stuff when you know the guy GETS it. It does not surprise me one bit to find that Chad is cutting it out when the team is struggling. He does it for fun, its obviously no fun right now, he can stop. Obviously there is some self-glorifying aspect to what he does, and his act has probably made him a few million extra bucks, but he isn't the mememememememe!!! type of guy that he plays on TV.

Or at least thats how he has always seemed to me. I don't know him personally and maybe he rapes puppies.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you havent watched enough bengals games. also, you proly listen to the media too much bc everyone says the same thing. we love cj. he plays hard. hes good for football. blah blah blah.

in reality he whines a ton and continually calls out palmer during games. hes done this at least 5 times over the last few years. it has a horrible effect on palmer and the rest of the team. they almost always lose when he acts up.