Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Does is bother you that other people are much smarter than yoursel

[ QUOTE ]
Hons.BA English and Philosophy
Gen.BA Political Science and Psychology
Hons.BSc Physics and Computer Science
BIS Game Theory
MA Philosophy
MA Political Science
PhD Philosophy
LLB (CDN Law degree)

I also started a undergrad in MIT (Media, Information and Technoculture) and then dropped out because it was a joke.

Started Economics but never finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you not finish economics? what do you do for a living now?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hons.BA English and Philosophy
Gen.BA Political Science and Psychology
Hons.BSc Physics and Computer Science
BIS Game Theory
MA Philosophy
MA Political Science
PhD Philosophy
LLB (CDN Law degree)

I also started a undergrad in MIT (Media, Information and Technoculture) and then dropped out because it was a joke.

Started Economics but never finished.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do people ever freak out when you apply for jobs? I'd see a list like this and instantly think you're overqualified for just about any job imaginable (except maybe a patent lawyer specializing in AI algorithms). Obviously you're talented, but it's just a natural reaction.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM

Wow. I didn't mean to hijack the discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
Henry17 , let me test your game theory knowledge .

There are two players who ante $1 each . Player 1 has the option of betting the pot ,($2) or checking . If he bets , player 2 can call the bet or fold . If player 1 checks then player 2 may either bet or check .

What is the strategy for both players if the goal is to pick the highest number from 1-100 .

Let me see what you got smartypants .

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on my first coffee so maybe I'm just not awake but the rules don't make sense. Can you make sure that you didn't leave something out or make a mistake?

I'll take a look at it in again later but I really think something is off. I sent off an e-mail with the game to confirm that I'm not just having a brain blank.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I am impressed and I have no reason to be skeptical about your academic success. However, did you edit your last post due to a spelling error? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I use a tablet + spell-check so spelling is not an issue online. More likely to use the wrong word because of bad handwriting recognition then to spell something wrong. I know I screwed up the quote tags and I needed to edit a few sentences. Writing while playing poker leads to bad sentence structure.

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you not finish economics? what do you do for a living now?

[/ QUOTE ]

A combination of a new girl + too much money + drugs + partying like a rock-star + just general burnout. University was the last thing on my mind. When I finally pulled out of the downward spiral I had to put my life back on track so returning to school just wasn't a priority.

I haven't worked since university.

[ QUOTE ]
Do people ever freak out when you apply for jobs? I'd see a list like this and instantly think you're overqualified for just about any job imaginable (except maybe a patent lawyer specializing in AI algorithms). Obviously you're talented, but it's just a natural reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

My area of law was IP law so that is funny. I haven't applied for any job since I finished law school. This summer I was going to apply for jobs at fast food establishments just to see what the reaction would be but then I never got around to it.