16...Re8 16 47.06%
Results 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Tony Mejia ranks the top 50 current NBA players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well the thing is, with a well run offense, those screens set up the screener as well as the screenie...Case in point, how many open J's do Detroit big men get from the baseline/high post due to guys hedging on Rip's curl? Completely unscientifically, I'd say that Detroit gets 3 buckets a game where McDyess/Sheed set the pick on the left elbow, flare to the corner when their guy helps, and stick a J. Billups gets the assist, but the play was created because Rip is so money on that 16-foot turn in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This differs only in execution, however, from a guy who gets most of his shots putting the ball on the floor and going to the bucket. When he beats his man, the defense has to rotate to him, and this will lead to opportunities for others. He doesn't always get the assist, though -- he's often making the pass that leads to the pass that gets the assist.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah blah blah. What matters is who you think the 4th best player in the league is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. We should hijack every NBA thread with discussion of our fantasy league.

-McGee
Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM

let the disinformation fest begin. I, for one, want nothing to do with Al Jefferson.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-I think Dwight Howard is better than Bosh and Amare. Amare benefits greatly from Nash. Howard is simply more physical and dominant than those two...scary to think that he doesn't even really have any great moves or great touch yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard is NOT better than Amare of Bosh. He's a more gifted athlete (as demonstrated by his ownership of the most dunks last year) but that's it. Led the league in TO at over 300 and that's without putting the ball on the floor... Granted he is only 21 but come on. Amare is first team all-NBA, Bosh is second team all-NBA while D-HO is 3rd. Thats the way it should be...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're tremendously underrating how much Steve Nash and Juan Dixon help those two players. JMHO.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM

*giggle*

He said "Juan Dixon".
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 PM

Hollinger
[ QUOTE ]
Relative to the league average, in fact, it was the third-best offensive team since the league started tracking turnovers in 1973-74. That, in turn, means Nash has now been the point guard for the four most effective offensive teams of the past 35 years -- this crew, the 2004-05 Suns, and the 2001-02 and 2003-04 Mavericks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-I think Dwight Howard is better than Bosh and Amare. Amare benefits greatly from Nash. Howard is simply more physical and dominant than those two...scary to think that he doesn't even really have any great moves or great touch yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard is NOT better than Amare of Bosh. He's a more gifted athlete (as demonstrated by his ownership of the most dunks last year) but that's it. Led the league in TO at over 300 and that's without putting the ball on the floor... Granted he is only 21 but come on. Amare is first team all-NBA, Bosh is second team all-NBA while D-HO is 3rd. Thats the way it should be...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're tremendously underrating how much Steve Nash and Juan Dixon help those two players. JMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can anyone take your opinion seriously after this... OK, Nash obviously makes everyone around him better but Bosh doesen't really get that much help from his PGs... (TJ and Calderon). Most of his points are top of the key J's, one on one moves to the hoop, etc. They don't really run that many pick and rolls for him a lot more pick and pops...
BTW, are you saying DHO is better than those 2?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, are you saying DHO is better than those 2?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I think its very clear that I'm saying this.

[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone take your opinion seriously after this

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno.

[ QUOTE ]
OK, Nash obviously makes everyone around him better

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, and I think that Amare benefits more than anyone else. Similarly Dwight Howard would be a force with a PG that could shoot and pass like Nash....seriously, just scary to think about how unstoppable that pick n roll would be.

[ QUOTE ]
but Bosh doesen't really get that much help from his PGs... (TJ and Calderon).

[/ QUOTE ]
I never mentioned TJ and Calderon

[ QUOTE ]
Most of his points are top of the key J's, one on one moves to the hoop, etc. They don't really run that many pick and rolls for him a lot more pick and pops...

[/ QUOTE ]
And most of Jason Kapono's points last year were just 3 pointers...the point being that when you have dominant players like Shaq/Wade or Juan Dixon around you it causes teams to be reluctant to double team and you get more open looks or more chances against one-on-one coverage.

FACT: Dwight Howard is far and away the best rebounder of the three. Amare Stoudamire's career high in rebounds is 9.6 last year. Bosh's is 10.7 last year. They average for their careers 9.1 and 9.0 respectively. Dwight Howard has averaaged 10.0(rookie year), 12.5, and 12.3 rebounds per game.

FACT: The Phoenix Suns were 3rd in the NBA in pace last year. The Toronto Raptors were 9th. The Orlando Magic were 26th. What this means is that Amare's and Bosh's stats are overinflated, while Howard has less opportunities to accumulate stats.

FACT: Dwight Howard is a much more efficient scorer than Amare or Bosh. Amare's career FG% is 52.7, Bosh's is 48.5. Howard's is 55.4 and last year his FG% was an astounding 60.3%!

FACT: Dwight Howard is a much better shotblocker than either of the other two. Howard has averaged 1.7 blocks per game. Amare has averaged 0.9, while Bosh has averaged 1.3.

ASSANI'S OPINION: Howard is a much better defender than either of the other two(especially Amare), and you can easily see this while watching the games. Amare is notoroious for getting into foul trouble and isn't very disciplined at all. Bosh doesn't have the strength or athleticism of the other two.

ASSANI'S OPINION: Howard has less of an ego and is more willing to do what he does best to help the team win. Amare and bosh for some reason seem to be trying to constantly move their games more outside and even incorportate the 3 point shot into their arsenals. Amare is a career 17.1% 3pt shooter, while Bosh is a career 27.8% shooter....why exactly are they doing this?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 PM

Assani,

Does this mean you are taking Howard instead of Nash with the #1 pick?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're right. We should hijack every NBA thread with discussion of our fantasy league.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally inevitable since most of the prolific NBA posters got in the league (tuq, wtf?).

Just be glad you're in the Pacific Division with the lowly Beers, Igloos and Squaws. I mean, good lord, how can you lose?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just be glad you're in the Pacific Division with the lowly Beers, Igloos and Squaws. I mean, good lord, how can you lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen here, you Christo-fascist terror-monger...actually, I got nothing.