Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

Anyone know what MG means? Ex: "We MG'd to Oregon?" If it helps it's a noun turned into a verb in the ex.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 AM

goofy balla has a gimmickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 10-01-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
goofy balla has a gimmickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
Old 10-01-2007, 02:28 AM

winston churchill on hitler and the fall of france:

"What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire.

The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

full speech here

what a badass.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 AM

How is the arm treating you Orange?

Edit: Also, anybody here have experience with AVG antivirus?

For some reason the program will no longer update, so I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling, and now when it goes to reboot after installing a firewall it just freezes my computer.

I've tried it twice and had to use system restore to get my machine to function....not feeling real hot about not have in Antivirus software running on my computer. Any advice much appreciated.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
arcade fire concert tonight, holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really sad this got no love- brief trip report anyway.

At first I thought the venue was going to be horrible for the show. In the end it wasn't bad- it was big, but the show was really large (much bigger than I anticipated). I had floor tickets and was about 12 rows back in the middle. Very sick.

If you don't know, they are roughly a 10 person band and they alternate between playing different instruments- one person probably played a different 'thing' each song. Incredible musicians.

I had heard that they put on a good show, but I didn't anticipate this. Lots of energy from them, lots of jumping around. The lead male singer was in the crowd a couple times, and near the end one of the percussion players ran off stage and upstairs into the balcony to be with the fans (while beating the drum he had). And the light/video display was incredible- probably just as responsible as the music was for making the show a great one. Prob 10 different cameras were projecting b/w video w/ some fuzz of different parts of the band around the stage. Very cool.

If you don't know who they are, I'd recommend some youtube vids and learn a little- they were awarded the best album of 2004 and 2005 (for the same album- it came out in the UK in 2005, other places earlier). Indie rock but I swear to god it's not lame.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 AM

What kind of tea do you drink Jay? Personally I prefer Earl Grey, but I can be persuaded to drink regular nasty tea.

I've been drinking coffee since I was like 12. I dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

I kinda have a latte habit. I probably could have built a huge bankroll by just cutting lattes and macchiatto's out of my god damn diet.

whateva, coffee is dank.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at how ghetto my house at uni is

this afternoon after a $1.4k session (ship) i took a rather large [censored] in one of our downstairs toilets. We only moved in around a week ago and there has been quite a few problems with the house including the toilets seeming to struggle with pretty small turds. Anyway, low and behold the toilet gets blocked, I use the toilet brush to try and get it around the bend but no such luck.

I give up and plan on leaving it until the morning and just hope that the water level goes down a little bit. Anyway i am in the pub later on and my mate has just come home and flushed it again because he thought it was a prank and that someone had put cling film on the seat. The toilet completely overflows and floods the floor and the [censored] is everywhere. He then goes down to his room (floor below the toilet) and finds a waterfall of [censored] water coming from the middle of the ceiling onto his bed.

the landlord is sending someone out first thing tomorrow to sort it out. Some of my other mates think i should buy him a new duvet set, yes or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes imo

[/ QUOTE ]

All you did was take a [censored]? Not your fault it clogged. Dont buy him anything

Girlfriend is still angry at me lasting 10 minutes. I told her 10 minutes is a huge improvement over 6 seconds, then 10 seconds.

Went to a spa yesterday. And Japanese spas are freakin` awesome. Only about 8$ to get in
it`s 8 stories high, the top two stories are like an indoor waterpark, with water slides and rides and [censored]. On the roof theres a lot of hot tubs, private hot tubs, tanning salon and suana.
The mens floor is a huge indoor bath, which is modeled after roman style

Anyway, we arrived about 10pm. Since its only 8$, theres 2 floors dedicated to sleeping, and its open 24/7, there`re tons of people that basically live inside the spa.

Anyway me and my girlfriend decided to sleep in the staircase. I was sleeping facing torwards the stairs, she was facing upwards, next to the wall.
About 7 am she shook me looking shocked and asked if I touched her breasts. I said no. She said someone just touched her breasts. I said its prob her imagination, he wouldnt reach over me to teach your breasts, and I wouldve seen or heard it.

Then she said, `hes right there, at the top of the stairs, watching me`.
I said theres no one there, wtf.

then she started running up the stairs, tripped and fell really hard onto the stairs. She got really hurt, came back down and started crying.

She was pissed at me all day after that.

Was it really my fault ssnl? What couldve I had done different?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:11 AM

lol your girlfriend is crazy.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol your girlfriend is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Closed Thread