Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/17 - Poker At Its Best)

[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ignore him.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Is it just me, or is Mizrachi shockingly bad at short-stack play? There were a couple of moments which seemed like clear push-and-pray spots, but instead he kept letting himself get blinded out.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:35 PM

Most shocking to me - I can't believe Vagisil is now a PAD sponsor in addition to HSP. How could they possibly think they're hitting their target audience?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To Hansen's credit, it seemed like AA was always in his range of hands that he assigned to DN. Showing that ace really decreased the possibility of him calling because now he could rule out a semi-bluff with a hand like T9. maybe DN thought Gus was thinking about it with a hand like TT or 99 and he idea was to get him to think he has A8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Gus had a pretty tight range for DN open limping on the button and it included AA. Maybe the other one Gus couldn't beat was 22.

Could it be that Gus also realized that part of the reason DN was willing to let Gus pick the card was because both could be the same rank (it was running through my head as I watched)? Probably not since I bet it's hard to think of stuff like that in Gus' situation.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or is Mizrachi shockingly bad at short-stack play? There were a couple of moments which seemed like clear push-and-pray spots, but instead he kept letting himself get blinded out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just glad the ice-crusher is gone.

I guess we now know the real reason why he's called "The Grinder".
Old 09-20-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah yeah yeah, discuss the hand all you want. No one on this board, I don't care who you are, is laying that hand down. Period.

Some would call right away, some would think about it hard and then call, some would reraise allin, but NO ONE WILL FOLD. Not 5% of the players here, not 1% of the players here. NO ONE. Case closed.

6 handed tourney, winner takes all, you simply can't wait for the unbeatable nuts to call a raise on the river. Great discipline from Tuan for not raising over the top, but no one is folding. Sorry guys. Hindsight is always 20-20.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try not to speak on behalf of everyone in the world please. I must admit, when I first saw the hand I immediately thought it was quite good for Le not to push all-in there. But then I really thought about it and it's actually almost an easy fold if you rule out any A/10. So many here have said that there's no way Lederer would raise with any straight here (even A/10), therefore it's a simple fold. Afterwards, Lederer said that he would in fact not raise with A/10 there. So if we assume we know Lederer's game well (I must admit, I thought A/10 would have been in his range to raise, but maybe not that big of a raise) - and we also assume that there's no way he's not bluffing, then it's an easy fold. We can reasonably assume Lederer isn't bluffing for obvious reasons due to the hand's history but also because it's pretty well known that Tuan Le is one of, if not the, hardest player to bluff ever on the circuit at the moment (jokingly but earnestly so).

One poster has also ruled out 9/9 to raise but I disagree. Let's break the hand down:

1/9, 11.1% (Pocket 9's) = Tuan should push all in,
2/9, 22.2% (K/9) = Tuan should Call,
2/3, 66.6% (K/Q and K/J) = Tuan should fold.

The call represents a significant portion of his stack, 66.6% says I'm beat...simple fold (?) for someone who trusts their in-depth evaluation and would like to be at least a 75% favorite at showdown before calling significant a river bet/raise. Winner take all or not, I don't care - it's about the journey to become winner in this case, and folding is clearly correct according to this analysis.

It's clear Lederer wouldn't raise with any king for obvious reasons but is it clear he can't have Q/Q? Early on in the episode he had been making the obvious re-raises with A/K and Aces and shown them...maybe he was pulling in a meta-game trying to change it up for the table by limping with a big pocket pair utg+1 after Lindgren limped in. I don't really buy it that much though, not someone like Howard, and the chance of it probably doesn't alter the analysis too much because of it being too slight. J/J would not have called the flop bet I can safely say...especially with Mizrachi and Hansen still to act.

If, however you can safely put Lederer on A/10...it's an insta-all-in. In this case you would be around a 75% favorite in the hand based on this new range, and no way is Lederer folding this bet for 7k more if he's raising with the hand to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would insta-call. You would never make that laydown, and have never made any similar laydowns in your life. You're at LEAST calling that raise all day, every day.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Eric Lindgren is playing like a [censored] weak tight pussy fish wtf. Some of these "pros" make me wonder how they're not busto the way they play.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 PM

I didn't care for Gus prior to this week but after his "I love pros debating the Kings full fold" comment, def has gone up in my books.

The look on DAniel's face was priceless..."like, did he just question my superior poker knowledge". 90% of these pros are so pretentious and come off as arrogant pricks. Gus says it as it is and it's about time we hear a pro simplify the game.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric Lindgren is playing like a [censored] weak tight pussy fish wtf. Some of these "pros" make me wonder how they're not busto the way they play.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain pls
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

I also can't believe more people aren't talking about Gus' laydown of the a8. That was world class.