Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum

when anyone of you guys become experts on accepted police procedure than I think you can comment, but assuming you know what procedures are outlined in training and handbooks seems foolish. I have no idea what they are allowed to do, and have no idea if what they did was right or wrong (tasering).

And if anyone says "well, it doesnt matter what police procedure is, what they did was wrong", that is also a very dumb argument, as the counter to that is "well the kid deserved it" and it just boils down to your political views.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM

you are kidding, right? you seem like a shill or possible sheep to me. i don't need to google something to apply common sense. i have been on each end of that situation and those cops, specifically, the one who sought to punish the perp will get, at minimum, suspended.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are kidding, right? you seem like a shill or possible sheep to me. i don't need to google something to apply common sense. i have been on each end of that situation and those cops, specifically, the one who sought to punish the perp will get, at minimum, suspended.

[/ QUOTE ]

common sense is not law. To me, common sense is breaking the guys thumbs for being a douche, but you arent allowed to take the law into your own hands unfortunately, and until you can prove with the exact statute that rules on this situation, its foolish to argue. "Ive been on both ends of this"....lol @ anecdotal evidence.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, um, instead of inflicting minimal pain to get an unruly person under control who has already been asked to leave, what exactly do YOU think is ok? I ask only that you can demonstrate a plan that would put fewer people in less danger than this tasering.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 PM

your kinda quick to draw on your keyboard, quids. the law is that you cannot use force to "punish". in my estimation, that is what the cop did. end of story. a judge will decide. you can laugh all you want, doesn't change the video.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your kinda quick to draw on your keyboard, quids. the law is that you cannot use force to "punish". in my estimation, that is what the cop did. end of story. a judge will decide. you can laugh all you want, doesn't change the video.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is not what the cop did. not end of story. I dont see where you are getting this from, unless Im not seeing the same video, the guy was actively resisting, if the protocol is to taze rather than man handle someone, there is nothing illegal going on, if the protocol says the criminal must be armed or something, and he wasant there is something illegal. Using "common sense" when you dont know the law seems foolish...like I said earlier.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How bout a little Occam's razor. Tell me which seems more likely to you:

1) These University cops have such a chip on their shoulder that they would go out of their way to punish this guy for what he said while dozens of people, cameras, and United [censored] States Senator were witnesses.

2) This guy was actively physically resisting their attempts to arrest him and the officers could not restrain him without using some kind of force.

How much would you be willing to bet that any of these officers will be suspended due to this incident?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 PM

they should have immobilized him on the ground, cuffed him, carried him to the police car and tossed him in the backseat. happens daily everywhere. not a secret.
amazing how many pro cop abuse posters we have here.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they should have immobilized him on the ground, cuffed him, carried him to the police care and tossed him in the backseat. happens daily everywhere. not a secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

and than everyone would be bitching about how they had to roughly manhandle the guy to get him immobilized. Cite what the specific police procedure is according to that county/city, and than use that in your argument instead of relying on what you see on NYPD blue.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they should have immobilized him on the ground, cuffed him, carried him to the police car and tossed him in the backseat. happens daily everywhere. not a secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I asked for specifics. When he is resisting, as he clearly was in the video, HOW do you want them to immobilize him? Not "they should just do it", you act as though this was so over the top unnecessary, that you've deluded yourself into thinking this was akin to shooting him. Jesus Christ you're dense.

You know what, if that's all you've got, how do you expect anybody to take you seriously.

Side note: I just watched the long video again - LOL at the guy at the end yelling "Police brutality!" We've gotten so ridiculous in this country that now any situation that involves any type of physical contact with a police officer is going to get everybody all pissy about "police brutality".