Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Brag: New Piece

your knife looks cool but it probably sucks
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 AM

beat : OPs avatar
Old 09-17-2007, 09:33 AM

1) i'm gonna assume that double taps and triple taps involve shooting more than once in succession? in which case my advice would be "work on your aim." i know if i needed to shoot someone, it'd be a situation where i wouldn't want to be missing.

2) does this mean that previously you were a super bad assed security guy who likes to carry concealed weapons who was going to respond to all those daily occurrences where obviously it's best to be carrying a gun, with a 2 inch knife? if so, good move.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 AM

So how did you [censored] up your dream of becoming a cop?

These stories are usually great...
Old 09-17-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) i'm gonna assume that double taps and triple taps involve shooting more than once in succession? in which case my advice would be "work on your aim." i know if i needed to shoot someone, it'd be a situation where i wouldn't want to be missing.

2) does this mean that previously you were a super bad assed security guy who likes to carry concealed weapons who was going to respond to all those daily occurrences where obviously it's best to be carrying a gun, with a 2 inch knife? if so, good move.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This flies into the face of everything medical science, and the law enforcement community have learned about how being shot effects a human body. The common theory is, when you have to use force, you fire continuously until your attacker is down. You don't fire "Just once" then stroke your [censored] about how you're such a good shot.

The fact of the matter is, this is a fallacy created by Hollywood. In reality, no matter where a person is shot, or how close to the victim the shooter is, no one drops instantaniously. See Here. (Warning - Security Footage)

That would be why you triple tap. The most taught theory is as follows: When involved in a firefight, fire a triple tap, stop for 1 second to verify if attacker is down, if not, fire another triple tap. Of course you're not missing. Thats the point, three shots making contact.

2. I don't have the time or the room to explain all the uses and purposes of a good folding knife. All I can say on that topic is research it. FWIW, the knife was only there to provide a visual scale showing the size of the firearm. That's not the knife I usually carry.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So how did you [censored] up your dream of becoming a cop?

These stories are usually great...

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Well, yea, when I was younger. But the truth is, I make more than a cop. Not alot, but probably about $2.00/Hr, on average. I'm not making "Iraqi Security Contractor" money, but I am making more than your average cop, per hour, where I am now.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Somebody please explain to me how you would possibly ever need to triple tap anybody? How oftend is one compelled to murder the elephant man?

Also I agree that while I hate guns and they are bad, Desert Eagles are sexy looking and a brag.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please explain to me how you would possibly ever need to triple tap anybody? How oftend is one compelled to murder the elephant man?

Also I agree that while I hate guns and they are bad, Desert Eagles are sexy looking and a brag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a proven fact that when adrenaline is pumping, being shot doesn't immediately stop anyone. I've only had a gun pointed at me once, in a bank, and I can assure you my adrenaline was pumping, as was the robber pointing the gun at me. Luckily, I drew my weapon, ordered him to drop his, which he immediately did. The reason for the triple tap is detailed above. You do not "Shoot to kill" you shoot to stop the threat. Stopping the threat involves putting the person who is threatening your life on the ground. The fastest way to get them on the ground is to fire repeatedly. Is it pretty? No. It is, however, what every Police Officer, Military Personnel, and Security Guard is taught during basic firearms training.

Also, yes, the Desert Eagle is sexy. However, as stated above, it is not a very good choice for self defense, unless you are at least 6'8, 365lbs, with the ability to bench your own body weight.