Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars over 100% rakeback, Read more inside

Meh I dont get why this thread is getting a whole lot of hate. (if its directed mainly at the OP then its a little more understandable)

Sure his calculations are way off but the idea is there and he's basically telling someone how it is possible to make 10k a month legally without needing much to start. You need a computer, internet and SSHE and boom you're atleast a breakeven 1/2 limit player.

Its by no means easy..infact the very opposite, but the opportunity is there. If you could show this to someone thats in a terrible job with [censored] pay i'm sure they'd be really grateful (until they actually start playing limit for 8 hours a day lol)

But the facts are if you substitute doing this instead of going to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week you will make 10k a month on average in bonuses. If you you even a tiny winner you'll make even more with the volume of hands you put in.

With that being said I had the exact idea of doing this for a living about 8 months ago and had migraines everyday and wanted cut my wrists after a week. But who knows, there might be some motivated freaks out there who can keep their eye on the prize and do this.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM

I find playing 5-10 is much easier then 1-2. You would need a much bigger bankroll obviously but other then that it would be easier to deal with the players.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:03 PM

ummmm, what?!?!?!
as others noted, you HAD been doing so well. But if you are saying what I think you are saying then I envision a few retractions on those compliments.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Ok that wasn't worded properly.

1-2 players are retarded. When I play 1-2 I can do 4-5 tables at the most because of the very large variance, stress level of dealing with tables of 50%+ retards and just plain unpredictable nature of the game.

5-10 I can play 8+ tables no problem because the players are more predictable.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:04 PM

I wouldve thought it would be the exact opposite
Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1-2 players are retarded. When I play 1-2 I can do 4-5 tables at the most because of the very large variance, stress level of dealing with tables of 50%+ retards and just plain unpredictable nature of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move up to where they respek your multi-tabling raises, LDO.

Whatever it is about OLP threads, it brings em out.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was worded properly I think. You indeed ARE saying what I thought you were trying to say. That being that you believe it is easier to win at 5/10 than at 1/2.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:36 PM

You don't have 6 people calling 50% of flops at 5-10 and you don't have people 3 betting J9o etc.

I checked with PT and my 5-10 win rate is slightly better then my 1-2 but not by enough to make it significant.

5-10 players are better then 1-2 players but not so good as to be difficult to beat. So a decent player should still be able to win at 5-10 and without the variance and stress level of 1-2 that makes me want to throw my tablet out the window.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have 6 people calling 50% of flops at 5-10 and you don't have people 3 betting J9o etc.

I checked with PT and my 5-10 win rate is slightly better then my 1-2 but not by enough to make it significant.

5-10 players are better then 1-2 players but not so good as to be difficult to beat. So a decent player should still be able to win at 5-10 and without the variance and stress level of 1-2 that makes me want to throw my tablet out the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh, the hallmark of the poor poker player, the inability to properly adjust to the game he plays in.

5/10 FR is a nitty rockgarden full of the same 8 regs playing every table. Sure its beatable, because most of them arent that good. But for anyone half way decent at poker they are going to have a much higher winrate at 1/2.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:09 PM

Yeah, it sure does suck playing against people who cc with crap and 3-bet j9o.

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 FR is a nitty rockgarden full of the same 8 regs playing every table. Sure its beatable, because most of them arent that good. But for anyone half way decent at poker they are going to have a much higher winrate at 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddamnit, I resemble that remark.