Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Lets talk about love TLDR!

[ QUOTE ]
If you are at the point of saying, "I can't stand this person," and it's deep-seated, not just a temporary argument flare-up, that's sure a bad sign, though. And particularly if a woman doesn't respect her man, I don't think either she or the man can be happy in the way they really want to be. Even if the disrespect is completely unfair and unearned on the man's part, both parties are missing something irreplaceable when respect is gone. And it's almost impossible to give a man back your respect once he doesn't have it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree. I'm not a big believer in therapy so I would liken this to the point of no return in a relationship, but maybe I'm wrong here. Certainly in regards to the subject of this thread I would say that the love is gone.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Lets talk about love TLDR!

[ QUOTE ]
If you are at the point of saying, "I can't stand this person," and it's deep-seated, not just a temporary argument flare-up, that's sure a bad sign, though. And particularly if a woman doesn't respect her man, I don't think either she or the man can be happy in the way they really want to be. Even if the disrespect is completely unfair and unearned on the man's part, both parties are missing something irreplaceable when respect is gone. And it's almost impossible to give a man back your respect once he doesn't have it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The respect isn't completely gone on all levels, only on certain issues. And you've never thought to yourself "I can't stand this woman!" and then days later realized how sweet and generous she was, and how she made your life so much better than if you were to go it alone? And how all you want is for her to come cuddle with you as you drift off to sleep on the sofa?

I assure you that you can indeed lose your respect for someone and still have love. The love is definitely there. That's why it's so complicated and maddening.