Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: This Never Happened to Me Before - Ruling

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the table doesnt have the right to screw SB just because he gets distracted briefly.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB screwed himself. Pay attention to the game at hand when you're in a hand.
[ QUOTE ]
Dealer has a responsbility to bring SB's attention to his turn to act if SB is distracted, and everyone involved and paying attention has a responsbility to see that this procedure is followed, *not* to carry on regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer is not a babysitter, which is good since the SB is not a child. The dealer doesn't run the game, the game runs the game, the dealer is supposed to keep it on the tracks. If you're not paying attention to the fact you were skipped over and the dealer thought you folded and the pot has been awarded, it's not ym job to make sure you're not in la-la-land.

[ QUOTE ]
In another situation it might be floor coming over to talk to SB, or maybe SB notices something (like a smoking trash can). Should SB forfeit his right of action then?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Can you give me a second floor?"
"Uh, that trashcan's on fire dealer, might wanna call someone."

SB SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM

>>>If you're not paying attention to the fact you were skipped over and the dealer thought you folded and the pot has been awarded, it's not ym job to make sure you're not in la-la-land.

Are you saying that you think it is right to knowingly act out of turn if you know someone else isn't paying attention. If not, what should you do if you don't want to wait? The point is that bringing SB's inaction to the dealers attention is other player's responsbility whether they want it or not. They have no right to carry on knowing they are acting out of turn.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Can you give me a second floor?"
"Uh, that trashcan's on fire dealer, might wanna call someone."

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a dealer point out a trash can with flames shooting out of it once. I told him to keep dealing and I would take care of the trash can.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>>>If you're not paying attention to the fact you were skipped over and the dealer thought you folded and the pot has been awarded, it's not ym job to make sure you're not in la-la-land.

Are you saying that you think it is right to knowingly act out of turn if you know someone else isn't paying attention. If not, what should you do if you don't want to wait?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The BB folded out of turn, either he thought SB folded (since he's talking to other people and not looking at the table) or he was acting out of turn. The latter is BB being an idiot.

If I'm BB I tell SB the action's on him (if I notice he has cards)
Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you think it is right to knowingly act out of turn if you know someone else isn't paying attention. If not, what should you do if you don't want to wait?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The BB folded out of turn, either he thought SB folded (since he's talking to other people and not looking at the table) or he was acting out of turn. The latter is BB being an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, exactly... you have to bring the SB's inaction to the attention of the dealer to progress the game. To act out of turn is a violation whether it's deliberate or not.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 PM

Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 PM

LiveInPeace, I think you should look up the definition of "straw man". And then stop it.

I imagine you frequenly find yourself in these sorts of arguments of semantics, feeling misunderstood? If only those masses would see your point, they'd understand? Er, yeah. There's a common denominator there. I'm not trying to be mean, I was once like you, and I slip into that mode from time to time. There's a better way. It's okay to accept that your interpration is flawed. It's what mature adults do as they have conversations.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To act out of turn is a violation whether it's deliberate or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reference/link please?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, exactly... you have to bring the SB's inaction to the attention of the dealer to progress the game. To act out of turn is a violation whether it's deliberate or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. My. God. Now we've gone from how its not SB's fault to blaming it on the BB who you somehow KNOW acted knowing SB had cards? You really can't listen to anybody, can you? Ask RR, who does this for a living, or psandman, or talk to youtalkfunny or any number of dealers on these boards. When you listen to how people with experience (which is basically most of us in this thread) deal with this situation, that is how you learn.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To act out of turn is a violation whether it's deliberate or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reference/link please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.
Closed Thread