Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again **

Warner would be the [censored] on the Bears
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any real shot Warner starts next week or was this just sort of a "Leinart being confused against really good defense so get him out of there because we still have a chance but he's still our starter"?

[/ QUOTE ]Leinart was already named as the starter next week.

Without having seen yesterdays game, I'll say that my opinion is that Leinart never should have been named the starter last year. But now that he's the starter, they should keep him as the starter. He had a decent game against SEA and looked great in some games last year. He needs to develop. He can't develop on the bench.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:50 PM

I just watched the first half on Short Cuts. I don't get it. Leinart played two series in the first half, then all of a sudden Warner is the QB. In the second series, it was two runs and a pass. Yet that somehow shows that Leinart isn't ready?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Wow! Our defense was just incredible today. I realized that our run defense was a lot better than last year. But we even had a lot of pressure on the QB. Definitely need a better secondary, though.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Makes no sense why they bench him after he goes 4-10 and no INT's. And then bring him back at the end of the game, WTF (unless Warner got hurt.) Same with last week. Obviously it was the right decision. Maybe they decided that he couldn't face the tough defenses of the league, and thus took him out.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 PM

I agree....absolutely awesome game by the D
great job with the pick after Warner blew that snap (he played well otherwise)
Nice to see a punt return go the Cards way

fantastic time
I was the one Cards fan in the local Jillians with about 20 Steeler fans in the place (3rd best rep behind Chicago and Green Bay). It was fantastic!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Makes no sense why they bench him after he goes 4-10 and no INT's. And then bring him back at the end of the game, WTF (unless Warner got hurt.) Same with last week. Obviously it was the right decision. Maybe they decided that he couldn't face the tough defenses of the league, and thus took him out.

[/ QUOTE ]Apparently, Warner runs the no huddle better than Leinart. Which is why they've been planning, the last two weeks, to put Warner in for those situations. I guess they don't trust his butterfingers in for an entire game, though.

Leinart has definitely regressed this season. There were times last year when I thought Leinart was one of the best QBs in the NFC. He hasn't been the best QB on his own team in any game this year.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, Warner runs the no huddle better than Leinart. Which is why they've been planning, the last two weeks, to put Warner in for those situations. I guess they don't trust his butterfingers in for an entire game, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is actually true, it is really really stupid of the Cardinals organization. What happens when Warner retires, you get another QB to come in for the 2 minute drill or the no huddle offense? He's your QB of the future, you basically aren't going anywhere this season, so you might as well get him to the best of his ability by playing him in all games so he learns how to play situations, etc. Also, if he can't run the no huddle properly or w/e, TEACH HIM the no huddle. Jeez, not hard. Also, yeah, I was really impressed with him last year, but this year I'm like wtf.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:49 PM

I believe that AZ will be good.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, Warner runs the no huddle better than Leinart. Which is why they've been planning, the last two weeks, to put Warner in for those situations. I guess they don't trust his butterfingers in for an entire game, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is actually true, it is really really stupid of the Cardinals organization. What happens when Warner retires, you get another QB to come in for the 2 minute drill or the no huddle offense? He's your QB of the future, you basically aren't going anywhere this season, so you might as well get him to the best of his ability by playing him in all games so he learns how to play situations, etc. Also, if he can't run the no huddle properly or w/e, TEACH HIM the no huddle. Jeez, not hard. Also, yeah, I was really impressed with him last year, but this year I'm like wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, this team has a strong offense on paper, and their competition is weak. defense isn't that bad, either. 2-3 and right in this thing in the NFC.