Old 09-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Beer tabs for cash

[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm obviously a little hesitant to post this but this is my bimonthly check for tab collection. Lotsa money in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

River Fenix,

I'm assuming you have a source and this isn't from personal drinking? How much do you get per tab? How long is the turnaround on sending in vs. getting the money. It's always such a pain, sometimes I don't bother.

Also, I heard a rumor that they are going to be putting Coinstar type machines in liquor stores that will process tabl returns automatically for a small fee.

Lol, at everyone in this thread not knowing about this. No wonder I can take all the tabs after a party and the host never cares.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with ripping the tabs off of beer cans and turning them in for cash. I have heard people say you can and others say you can not. Where would you turn them in if so? The reason for this is my buddies have many bags of beer cans in their garage and i am going to recycle them. I didnt know if it would be worth it to tear off all the tabs first.

[/ QUOTE ]

SpecialK3387,

I'm glad that someone has finally started a thread about this. I've owned and managed a beer tab center for years. I have a team of 34(at the time of this posting) highly skilled and trained professional beer tab collectors. My employees make anywhere from 6 figures per year to a few hundred per month depending upon their skill level, tenure, and number of hours worked. Please feel free to ask any and all questions.

Assani
Old 09-01-2007, 05:20 PM

I'm glad someone like Assani was not around in my town. I took advantage of cashing in on tabs my early years of college, before I learned how to play poker, and likely wouldn't have made nearly as much if there was a decent sized company cashing in on this opportunity. I don't have the spreadsheet on this computer but if I remember correctly my hourly worked out to around $30/hr. Not bad for a part-time job for a college kid, not to mention all the sweet contacts for all the biggest parties in town many of whom I would probably never have met. IMO that was probably the biggest positive as the process can become quite laborious.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:49 PM

snopes.com has been repeatedly incorrect over many claims.

in Canada at least, the tabs are only worth 7c; 10c if you take them back to the actual distributor. but they are usually out of the way, and it's easier for most to take them back to a recycler.

also, here, pop (soda) cans also qualify for the same price. There's a Coke distributor here that I frequent due to all my Coke Zero (with rye of course [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

I think there is some confusion here - this is in addition to the 10c deposit you also get for taking your cans back to a local recycler. do you pay deposit anywhere else?

as an aside, my best-friend-growing-up's mother (who was a real sweetheart) paid for my soccer fees growing up through this method. kinda funny cause it was usually me drinking the pop lol.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad someone like Assani was not around in my town. I took advantage of cashing in on tabs my early years of college, before I learned how to play poker, and likely wouldn't have made nearly as much if there was a decent sized company cashing in on this opportunity. I don't have the spreadsheet on this computer but if I remember correctly my hourly worked out to around $30/hr. Not bad for a part-time job for a college kid, not to mention all the sweet contacts for all the biggest parties in town many of whom I would probably never have met. IMO that was probably the biggest positive as the process can become quite laborious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call [censored] - 300 cans/hour just collecting them, plus taking the tabs off, and taking them back is way too many

edit 1: I forgot that you get more/top, sorry
edit 2: I also forgot the deposit as well...
Old 09-01-2007, 06:55 PM

River,

why does your bi-monthly check come before the end of the month? and why does it have .67 at the end? I liken this to people faking PT screenshots - shameful

El Diablo,

the same thing's happening here that happened with bonus whoring. I'd appreciate it if this thread got moved to the Mod Forum to get talked about or just got deleted. thank you.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:30 PM

Noah,
I am in a weird program that is probably similar to Assani's. I get referrals/tips from the head and can take the contract to collect the tabs from any place that may have extra. Of course if I find my own tabs through my own drinking or perhaps a bar I find I can get those too and I don't have to pay as high of a percentage to my boss for that.
As for my payments it's anywhere between .28-.46 depending on the quantity brought / if it was a referral / type of brewer the tab was from.
As for the coinstar type machine that is bad news! I was hoping it'd just stay on the rumor mill. I don't need Joe college student to start turning in his own tabs and then realizing there could be a lot of money in it.

Grando,
I made my last deposit at my bosses location on the 30th and I was cut a check right then and there. My pay varies on the factors listed above. Pretty simple, no?