Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Ever think about who we assasinate?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the flying stuff fictional or is it not fictional? Yes or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if Jesus was the Son of God (if there is one), or created by the ruling class in an attempt to organize the jewish tribes towards a common goal: destroying him.

Fact of the matter is (whether or not he was a common guy like the rest of us) he was a great leader just like Ghandi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes or no, Moseley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try it. Evaluate it. People have been telling you about the flying people but have they at any time dared to answer this question for themselves? If they can't, then you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a book that was a fictional account of Abraham Lincoln not being assassinated. Since it is fiction, Abraham Lincoln did not exist.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Tom, are you religious?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom, are you religious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a pastafarian. Maybe someday His noodly appendages will touch you too.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to always be those who preach that we live together in harmony and love one another:
Jesus; Ghandi; Lincoln; Kennedy; Bobby; King; Malcom X; John Lennon.
Bam! Right in the freakin head!

The hell with 9/11. There's a conspiracy for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any commonality here. Jesus was a rabble-rouser who challenged both sides of his land's power structure. Ghandi similarly pissed off both sides of a religious war. Lincoln was a tyrant; the worst defacer of the US constitution in history. The 2 Kennedys were born to Irish-mob oganized crime money who proceded when in power to try to take down Italian organized crime. If, as some suggest, Giancana had something to do with it, they got their just desserts. MLK also scared the power structure, but whether his killer was just some annoyed racist hick or a CIA hit man is still under debate. Malcolm X preached hate most of his life. John Lennon was just a musician who got shot by a mental case.

Sorry. No trend.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if Jesus was the Son of God (if there is one), or created by the ruling class in an attempt to organize the jewish tribes towards a common goal: destroying him.

Fact of the matter is (whether or not he was a common guy like the rest of us) he was a great leader just like Ghandi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you realize that all of the historical evidence that guids is resting his case on is ONLY support for the idea that a man named Jesus was crucified or in some way executed. There isn't ANY evidence that he ever said any great things, ever preached any messages of love, or any of that. This is the key distinction Nielsio is trying to make, I think. Even if we accept every single bit of guids evidence, it doesn't matter. There is as much evidence for the peace and love crap as there is for the flying and walking on water crap.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes or no, Moseley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try it. Evaluate it. People have been telling you about the flying people but have they at any time dared to answer this question for themselves? If they can't, then you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a book that was a fictional account of Abraham Lincoln not being assassinated. Since it is fiction, Abraham Lincoln did not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a book where Abraham Lincoln wasn't assassinated and preached a message of love and peace.

Since we have a bunch of evidence that Lincoln was a historical person, he was therefore not assassinated and preached a message of love and peace.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes or no, Moseley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a book where Abraham Lincoln wasn't assassinated and preached a message of love and peace.

Since we have a bunch of evidence that Lincoln was a historical person, he was therefore not assassinated and preached a message of love and peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logical skills are on par with Nielsio.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Bill Hicks summed it up great. http://youtube.com/watch?v=BTzNLhxPzjo Life's a ride. Some people have a lot of $ invested in this ride.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 PM

Bill Hicks is my hero because of that quote.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes or no, Moseley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logical skills are on par with Nielsio.

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed the point. there are two abraham lincolns, so we need to be clear about which one we're talking about. it's the abraham lincoln of the book that "didn't exist" if the book is fiction.

neilsio is talking about the book jesus.