Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: 920 BB pot

[ QUOTE ]
if you put him on AK, why not call the 200 on the flop and give up if an A or K falls and get it in on any other card since its no scare cards for him really.

[/ QUOTE ]

awe

some
Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]
He was bluffing with 77 you idiot.

The 68 hand is WTF, though. OP, please explain that you misread your hand or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay dont know why you are heated enough about this to call me an idiot, but I really dont think he was bluffing and he didnt misread the hand before. And others that brought me to even stacks. He was major tilting. I bought in for 200 he had approx. 1600 and at that point we were now even. If he was bluffing, okay fine.. bad beat, plus why bluff with 77, pick a hand with less value imo.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i'm honestly just sitting here chuckling at the post above this.

i can see the argument for him not to 4bet pre here, but that means he "played the hand poorly?" you're saying he played it poorly because he should know exactly what your 3bet range is HU? seems silly.

as i'm seeing it, you got 400+ bb's in as a 4:1 dog, he couldn't of played it that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you may have misunderstood me a bit, of course he didnt play the hand poorly postflop, nor did I. It is just one of those hands that both guys want all the money in, thus BBV. I am just saying the only part of the hand that didnt play itself was preflop and I wouldnt want a 50BB pot preflop with a hand so hard to play as 77, thats all. If he was bluffing me to fold 99 or something, i guess its okay. But he just said he put me on AK so, i am obv. not folding pre. And yes after playing HU for an extended period he should have a fairly good idea of my 3bet range.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i can see the argument for him not to 4bet pre here, but that means he "played the hand poorly?" you're saying he played it poorly because he should know exactly what your 3bet range is HU? seems silly.

as i'm seeing it, you got 400+ bb's in as a 4:1 dog, he couldn't of played it that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you may have misunderstood me a bit, of course he didnt play the hand poorly postflop, nor did I. It is just one of those hands that both guys want all the money in, thus BBV. I am just saying the only part of the hand that didnt play itself was preflop and I wouldnt want a 50BB pot preflop with a hand so hard to play as 77, thats all. If he was bluffing me to fold 99 or something, i guess its okay. But he just said he put me on AK so, i am obv. not folding pre. And yes after playing HU for an extended period he should have a fairly good idea of my 3bet range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your rationale in the last couple sentences is flawed. He obviously did not put you on AK from your preflop 3bet alone, that would be idiotic. he's talking about postflop when you got all excited and started putting in many bets on that board. And as far as the 4bet preflop: with this deep stacks, if you have ever been 3betting at all lightly, yes it is a perfectly fine play, and yes, it is a bluff against your calling range. Face it, you sucked out pretty hard, and your opponent did not misplay the hand.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:27 PM

i once had quads under quads for stacks with 77 vs AA on an A-A-7-3-7 board at 10/20. it was only 100 bb deep but still, pretty fun. i even overbet shoved the river to zeebown him and when i got insta called i was like "IN YA FACE...........oh wait"
Old 09-24-2007, 12:31 PM

Should have known the K was coming. Seriously.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i even overbet shoved the river to zeebown him and when i got insta called i was like "IN YA FACE...........oh wait"

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Old 09-24-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your rationale in the last couple sentences is flawed. He obviously did not put you on AK from your preflop 3bet alone, that would be idiotic. he's talking about postflop when you got all excited and started putting in many bets on that board. And as far as the 4bet preflop: with this deep stacks, if you have ever been 3betting at all lightly, yes it is a perfectly fine play, and yes, it is a bluff against your calling range. Face it, you sucked out pretty hard, and your opponent did not misplay the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) yes i did misread his post about putting me on Ak pre, i realize he meant post flop. But umm yeah, that isnt exactly an amazing read given I called a 4bet pre and rasied an AAX board.
2) If his intention was bluffing with teh 77, then as I said before, you are right he did not misplay the hand in any spot. But I am not convinced he was making a bluff,I think it was more like. "I have PP and I am tilted he has to have overs I am 4betting and playing a huge pot with my medium pair as a coin flip at best." This rationale is per his hand I posted before this one and others I didnt bother with. Postflop discussion is pointless, Obv. the money goes in no matter how it is played.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 PM

lol

I thought we were like 'OH NOES, NO STRATEGY IN BBV PLZ LOL'