Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: BBV confession: I am a donkament staller

OP please die.
The reason why stalling is so [censored] dumb is because people play so nitty on the bubble it is one of the best opportunities to accumulate tons of chips really easy.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its pretty clear you're terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? Well it's pretty clear to me you're terrible.

Also my dad can beat up your dad.

Any more baseless insults you'd like to hurl my way little boy?

[/ QUOTE ]

well considering youre stalling to win $60 in a $33 tournament, and ike is winning ~860k in one tournament, i wouldnt consider the insults baseless (except yours)

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

OP could always post his Stars and/or FT SN and we could all db him and laugh at his pitiful results. Sound like fun, OP? Didn't think so.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you find yourself going this regularly you probably are playing badly but if most of the posters here are saying they'd never do it as a matter of principle they're surely throwing away money

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but I'll go out on a limb and say that it's never correct to stall when there are 60 people left and 40 pay.

I do occasionally stall in the right situation when it's very close to the bubble. OP is just a fish though.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Best time to stall is if there's 2 minutes left before a blind level increase and you're the next SB or BB. Make sure it hits the next person and is as far away from coming back to you as possible.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:16 PM

OP,
stalling during hand for hand is +ev, if not doing so already please start doing it.

People will think that I'm joking but you could probably put some people on crazy monkey tilt... I will have to try it some time myself.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you find yourself going this regularly you probably are playing badly but if most of the posters here are saying they'd never do it as a matter of principle they're surely throwing away money

[/ QUOTE ]

Stalling is not about principle, its about playing well. I'd rather see more hands and have more opportunities to gain chips and go for a big score than limp into the money and get (essentially) nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

holla, this is why stalling is retarded. like somebody else said earlier, congratulations, you never win. but it doesn't even stop there, you never final table, and probably never even go deep. enjoy your tiny cashes op, because i sure as hell am enjoying my big ones
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM

i stall in satellites, because you have to sometimes.

havent stalled in a donkament for ages, once i stalled from the very begining (lol) and when i got a hand i would stall on every street. not suprisingly, all my hands got paid off big time, so it was good in that respect, but donkaments are meant to be fun, so id rather just turbo-fold and shove my last chip in w/ 73 utg.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today's stallfest is what inspired this thread. It was actually quite dramatic.

It was a 300 person $33 tourney where top 40 paid. When there were 80 players left I noticed someone at my table starting to stall every hand. I still had a decent stack at that point and figured it was too early, but when it got down to 60 people and I had been card dead the whole time I decided it was time to join him and so did a third small stack shortly after. Every single hand we would run our clocks down to 0 and then fold. Of course everyone else at the table was like "PAY ATTENTION!" and "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP STALLING!" and of course we'd never utter a single word for fear of confrontation. At one point I said "nh" to someone and immediately got the business from like 4 players there. I told them "sorry guys I am cooking and keep running back and forth from the kitchen to the computer."

Anyway coming back from a break there were 5 people left to go, I was still card dead but I figured I could definitely fold my way to the money. Then of course I picked up 88 in the CO folded around to me, had to let it go. Then 2 people away they fold around to my AJc in MP and I have to let that go too because at that point I had already blinded away any chance I had of winning. Down to the bubble I was in 40th and the guy in 41st and I were both going to be blinded out the next big, only he was one spot further away from it than me! Both of the other stallers at my table had pushed with bad aces, got called by better ones and managed to suck out (if you're gonna stall why risk your tournament life like that so close to the money?). Still, I expected someone to get coolered in the 8 hands I had left, but no, they didn't. My big blind finally comes around to me and the guy in 41st let himself get anted off to like 100 chips that bastard. I picked up A6o and miraculously EVERYONE folded around to the SB who called with 94o. I held with ace high and the other short stack lost in his big blind! Holla at the $60!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Courtesy Flush -

Congrats on the cash, man - crazy story!

Don't let these retards bother you. They're all the suckers who constantly complain that they always bubble. I used to try to "get aggressive" before the bubble burst in tournaments - you know what that got me? It got me putting my tournament life on the line before I was in the cash, that's what! If I'm just going to get it in there and race it out and see if I can catch a couple lucky double ups, I might as well be IN the money and not OUT of the money ldo.

This was one of the better posts I've read in a while. Stallin is ballin, F the haters.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM

i am astonished people will do this in huge entrant one dollar tournies like the ferguson when finisihing itm can only mean a 50 cent profit if you dont go deep. The only way you get any return is by finishing 1-4 but some people will stall to get 150th place and rake in somehting like $1.53. wtf?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Ive been known to in certain situations. Big woop, wanna fight about it?

Seriously, there are correct times to stall - its not folding into the money to double your buyin that is key, its that doing so gives you an extra two shots to go deep that you didnt have before.

Again, its a strategy, but its not a regular thing. Playing weak on the bubble usually makes the baby Jesus cry.