Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

hmm maybe we should post our thoughts rather than just saying we have thoughts
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM

mike,

i think your definition of "tough spot" is different. also i think generally people fold more at higher limits than lower limits so bluffing/representing hands means a lot more
Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM

IŽd check-fold the K5 openraise in the start often on the flop and def on the turn. IŽd muck it pre pretty often too.

IŽd also rather open 87o on the button than A5 in the co.

The AK at the start is probably a 3bet on the turn. KQ seems more likely than slowplayed KJ, set, KK+ to me.

Only watched like 15 mins, but seem like you are playing fine overall..
Old 08-20-2007, 05:08 PM

I'm going to watch your video when I get home, Baronfish =D

I haven't seen/heard your poker comments since you were grinding 10/20 6max, but I remember mentioning that I thought tilt was a huge factor for you, I think.

That being said, I think most people who watched just don't know that it's how you play and that even though you sound tilted/upset/whatever, you're probably still playing just as well.

P.S. I totally lol'ed when I read the comment about your "oh my god". Total trademark right there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM

bz,

do you always take notes like that? i mean like not using shorthand or abbreviating your words. i don't have specifics, but while you were taking notes it seemed like, at times, you weren't thinking about how you'd read it in the future. nothing was way off, but i could just see how i'd read those notes at another time and be like, "wait what does this even mean?"

also the 22 hand late where you r/f AJxJ turn. seemed kinda like you wanted to fold flop (i would), but then got yourself into trouble. dont think that raise is +ev given you hadn't established a very solid image by showing down winners.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 PM

I take alot of notes where IŽm pretty clueless when I read them later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 PM

hmm maybe i was trying to prevent the thread from cluttering by showing that i didn't need an explanation.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 AM

ak hand. 3betting is fairly dumb. very resulted oriented to bash yourself.

k5 hand, fold the turn.

kj hand is good fold i think.

a4 hand i def check turn, esp with the gutterball. hes either cring or folding.

a5 peel is fairly horrible. pls bet river.

jtdd i always call. mebbe its bad but i doubt it.

ak vs flop donk on monotone board i just dump.

j9s good fold. qjss is fine.

99 hand when ace hit turn. you say "he knows i proly dont have an ace" ummmmm why?

aqo vs mindgamer raise from hijack. peel jhigh flop and fold turn. i play the same but i doubt many others do.

k6 hand where you hit top pair and he crs turn. you say "against me cring turn is pretty terrible." earlier in vid you talk of "always peeling the flop when sb opens with a wide range." doesnt seem to follow.

a9o where foxsports 3bets you. gotta call that river. dude is obv an idiot and you have mid pair best kicker. not close.

88 where you cred on king high board. your line makes no sense. he is betting that turn 100% so youre wasting a sb except, ya kno when you luckbox.

a9o when cred on 5d6d2o board. i call down so long as blanks hit. so many semibluffing opps there.

a5o counterfeit is good dump on river.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:00 AM

Oh now I remember the hand, it was the AK hand early in the vid that Victor mentioned above.

The board I think had like 2 clubs on the flop and was J high (J45 iirc) and he c/c. Turn was a red K (maybe putting 2 flush draws)? and he c/r you and you call down and his KTo no good. I think you said something like the only hand you beat was KQ, but I felt the more realistic way to look at it was that the only hand you lose to is KJ. He can have KQ, flush draw (maybe 2 kinds?), gutshot+over, open ended, KT. I really didn't think that we should be worrying about KJ until he caps our 3bet and we call his river bet.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:16 AM

I watched the video, and to everyone who thinks the swearing and/or random comments are spurts of tilt, it's not.

Very typical and "in character", I would say.

I also think the AK hand should have been a turn 3bet, FWIW. I'm also very surprised that you didn't check that turn when you had I believe 99 and the A on the turn. I would have given what you said about that opponent, but maybe I am kinda flawed in my thinking, and just happened to pick the right move.