Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
 is offline

Default Re: Betgo spotted at Turning Stone

Excuse me sir, there's a human body on your forearms.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM

He's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a forearm.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

beware, turning stone players. you are about to get:

[/ QUOTE ]

im glad to see someone appreciates my work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the url is even to my original pic, not rehosted or anything!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For his next trick, after folding his big blind to the LAG-y player’s raise about ten consecutive times, he finally reshoved Mr. LAG and was instacalled. This time LAG had a hand: QQ. Milton had A7o. But the flop came 7-7-x, and voila, new chipleader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for Dragon: you were seated to the left of maniac and I was on your left. Every time maniac/Kyle stole my BB, you were in the SB. You were also on the button when he stole from CO. So how come you never restole on him. Were you card dead too? I pushed A7o and I was definately pushing atleast 40% of my hands. I just kept getting dealt junk. That's why I thought you were one of the nits too.

I think you are right that over 35 players tend to be catagorized as weak/tight nits, even by other over 35s like yourself and Joe Brooks.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM

Since I have my own thread, I might as well post/blog here. I am playing the ME. Wasn't going to play unless I satellited in. Planning on playing the megastack at Foxwoods on Thursday.

Playing the supersatellite. Was playing tight due to satellite payouts and table not being weak/tight. Had 6800 of original 11K with blinds 300/600/75. Someone raises to 1600 and I push JJ. He shows KK, gg.

Played single table satellite. With blinds 50/100, original stacks 2K, there were 7 limpers to me in the BB with QJo. I thought of pushing or raising. Flop comes T53 with a 2-flush and is checked around. Turn is a 7. I bet 400 half pot and get 3 callers. River was a T, pairing the board. I push for 1300 into a 2400 pot representing trips, but on a stone bluff and took the pot.

Play got pretty wild quickly with lots of allins preflop. Atleast people knew they had to pushbot. I play the pushbotting game pretty well. Got HU with 12600-7400 chips. Other guy wanted to deal. Gave him the $1K last longer money and another $1K and took the seat. I was getting 68% of the money with 63% of the chips, which was enough for me.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing the supersatellite. Was playing tight due to satellite payouts and table not being weak/tight. Had 6800 of original 11K with blinds 300/600/75. Someone raises to 1600 and I push JJ. He shows KK, gg.

[/ QUOTE ]

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for Dragon: you were seated to the left of maniac and I was on your left. Every time maniac/Kyle stole my BB, you were in the SB. You were also on the button when he stole from CO. So how come you never restole on him. Were you card dead too? I pushed A7o and I was definately pushing atleast 40% of my hands. I just kept getting dealt junk. That's why I thought you were one of the nits too.

I think you are right that over 35 players tend to be catagorized as weak/tight nits, even by other over 35s like yourself and Joe Brooks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i recall correctly, I didn't have enough chips to get him to fold to a reshove for much of the 4-handed period. I do remember reshoving him once in a SB/BB confrontation. Also I was probably card dead just like you.

Congrats on satting into the 5k event, perhaps we will make another final table together.

and i'm actually 34, one year short of the 35 and up club. but i probably still look like an old man in the eyes of the typical early 20's poker player.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:47 AM

betgo was at my table in the $500 i think, sitting to the right of pete giordano
Old 08-18-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
betgo was at my table in the $500 i think, sitting to the right of pete giordano

[/ QUOTE ]

oh geez how did pete the bete not win that satellite???!?!?!
Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 AM

Ok, so I'm drunk so maybe I am totally mistaken, but I have always thought Betgo was a likeable enough guy that I never understood all the [censored] people give him. He gives above average advice, doesn't make people feel bad about themselves mostly, and only has a slightly above average ego compared to most poker players. Yes he is ancient compared to the average 19 year old that posts here, but I guess I am also since I am the grandpa age of 25, but I just don't understand. Am I totally mistaken here?
Cheers!
John