Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: The semi-fatties that want to lose weight

DDY,

I have a small frame combined with zero muscle. I look best at 105 or 107, so it's really just a handful of pounds I want to lose. But when you're a small, inactive girl it's not as easy to lose those pounds as you might think.

EDIT: Also, with the sodium thing in frozen meals, that used to worry me a lot. Then I was diagnosed with this autonomic nervous system disorder where I faint a lot. The only treatment- eat a whole lot of salt! I couldn't believe it when my doctor instructed me to salt everything. I've been asymptomatic for over a year. Thanks, salt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 03:08 PM

my point is are you sure you need to lose the weight? If it is going to be hard to lose those pounds (which I'm not debating that, I'm sure it will be), do you really need to lose them?

You're already pretty slender. I could see you wanting to focus on toning and building some muscle, but not on losing weight.

And as petite as you are, you'll probably gain weight as you tone, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You should make a post in the fitness forum about it, I'd be curious to hear what they have to say.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM

DDY, the Warsaw 1945 look is so in, dude.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 PM

I'm 5'9 and 190 and wanna lose 20 pounds or so. I've been doing Bas Rutten's MMA workout. Great fun and pretty darn tiring. I'm sure I'll drop the weight doing it. It's "out" there if you want it now/don't want to pay.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DDY,

I have a small frame combined with zero muscle. I look best at 105 or 107, so it's really just a handful of pounds I want to lose. But when you're a small, inactive girl it's not as easy to lose those pounds as you might think.

EDIT: Also, with the sodium thing in frozen meals, that used to worry me a lot. Then I was diagnosed with this autonomic nervous system disorder where I faint a lot. The only treatment- eat a whole lot of salt! I couldn't believe it when my doctor instructed me to salt everything. I've been asymptomatic for over a year. Thanks, salt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that contagious? Because Id pay for a rag infected with it.

KKF,

you are tiny, I doubt you really need a change in diet, you would probably be better off eating what you do now, and doing some "heavy" weightlifting, you know squats, lunges, etc. Develop some muscle rather than lose any fat imo....and trust me, you wont be all "muscle bound" freak lady.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's basically that they know the super in-shape dude will always look at them as fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha i agree
Old 08-17-2007, 07:53 PM

wow ffk that would be a looot of weight if you lost 5 to 7 pounds when you have none to lose already? I mean I understand that you have a small frame but you'd be like Nicole Richie sized, literally...haha I am getting nervous just thinking about it!

kay, for me, I actually started with the fatties that want to lose weight thread and i am down 2 pounds. so that is good but obvs I still have my 8 to go...wish me luck cause my bday is coming and that is the pinnacle of excess!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... but I mainly need to focus on weekend splurging.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really starting to put a damper on going out to nice places with you.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 PM

Eek, I didn't mean to come across like anorexic psycho girl. Obviously the pictures that have been posted of me on 2+2 have been the more flattering ones and do not demonstrate any excess fat at all - I wouldn't have it any other way!

I do think guids is probably right that I just need to build some muscle. I am super insecure in a gym environment and feel really, really embarrassed and awkward trying to use any equipment. It causes me major anxiety, sorta like the poor Asian kid on "The Pick-Up Artist" who started crying when he had to go into a bar to approach a woman. So I usually tend to look for solutions that involve losing fat alone rather than trying to gain muscle (although I realize gaining muscle will help me burn more calories, etc). Anyway, I'm looking at this as an opportunity to improve my overall health and body composition.

Fluffpop, 'grats on the 2 lbs. It might not sound like a lot but that is definite progress! I don't think you have anything to lose but I'm sure you look great - just don't lose those boobies! (I'm living vicariously)
Old 08-17-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm.. uh... 6' and weigh around 175, want to get back down to around 160 but university is closed for summer and thus almost no access to sport and I cant get my ass up to just go out and run so meh... cant do much more than eat healthy and go slow and wait for better times atm I guess :P (lame excuses ftl)

[/ QUOTE ]

man that sounds so skinny. i'm 6'1" 175 and I have a little chub and almost no muscle. i've been 160 before and pretty much everyone i talked to mentioned how skinny i was.

also, there's a whole variety of body weight exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home that are just as good as weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 175 at a bit short of 6'2", I got asked if I ran marathons all the time.