Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK SOMEONE START A 2P2 MADDEN HEADS UP FOR MONEY THREAD,

common gamblors, put your money where your mouth is!!!

we don't have to play for high stakes, like 10 bucks a game or something'll be fun and interesting!

[/ QUOTE ]

LET US GOGOGO!!

Seriously, if I knew how to set this up I would. We could do something like the HSNL HU tourney or whatever. I dunno if there would be as much interest though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, mod, with your permission i would like to start a thread, and if you guys aren't good for your word for like 10 bucks a game, i can escrow,

but i like the idea of a tourney for 2p2 too, but i would have no clue how to seed people
Old 08-15-2007, 06:11 PM

For those that don't know, right now if you buy Madden 08 at Toys R Us, you can but another game for 50% off. Also there is a 20% off coupon that you can use for the Madden game.

Link to 20% off coupon (in store only): TRU coupon
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM

Was playing on the PS3 last night and ran into a few problems, hoping someone here had an answer. My friends and I have a "super league" where the entire league's best player are condensed on 5 total team, we used to do this with the create-a-team option - problem with this year is once you have made your create-a-team it doesn't look like there is anyway to alter/edit the team/roster. So if anyone uses the create-a-team option, ya know of anyway to edit a made up team after you already have saved one?

In an attempt to get around this first problem we tried putting our super teams together on an actual NFL team but quickly ran into issues as we could not find a way to turn off the salary cap, so anyone know how to turn the cap off so you can make really, really good teams?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:01 PM

I played it for about 5 minutes last night, and my initial reaction is that it's not much different from the previous year. I'll give it time though..

fwiw- the introduction rocks!! (when you first turn the game on that is)
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM

umm this game is so much more improvement over the past years,

the sad thing is that it just barely passed the NFL 2k5 from 2 years ago as far as game play goes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Wii: Finally played online. I went with CHI, he went with SD. Online had almost no lag (I'm using a DSL turned wireless). Game was good, I was up 14-10 with 7 of that being a Hester 97 yards KR. HE d/ced or quit at the end of the 2nd 14-10. (Maybe mad he didn't call time in FG range, he had more than enough time to call it.)

Main problems were sometimes had to kick 3 times for a kick to register. The other problem was 7 turnovers, he threw 4 picks and I fumbled 3 of them!

Still need to get the hang of FGs and passing, but I think it's a very good game.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 AM

I bought a Wii the other day, but I haven't opened the Madden I bought today, because I want to make sure of something.

For all you Madden 08 WII people, can I play the game with the Wii Classic Controller I bought, or do you have to use two different controllers?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 AM

Any updates on adjusting turnover rates? Does it work?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:28 AM

Xbox 360 players, pleas post your Tag

my is Th3120ck

add me
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 AM

There are still some major issues to address in the game. A franchise this large, it is pretty amazing that they continue to make the same oversights every year.

The entire special teams is a joke. I played the Bears, and several times I kick to Devin Hester and he knees it, WTF? I mean, obv I don't want him running on me, but it's pretty silly to see Devin Hester get a clear field in front of him and knee the ball.

Also the kickoffs, if you get a full bar kick it will always go out of the endzone or get a knee. The entire kickoff system is pretty unrealistic.

Also, is it just me or has fumbling gone up like 200% this year? If you perform any sort of joystick move you seem to be at a pretty huge risk. I have found the best strategy with running is just to hold turbo and jam it.

Also, when will Madden let players create online leagues and compete with franchises on XBOX Live? That would be so sick.

Oh yeah, the gameplay and graphics are pretty top notch. Easily the best madden overall in years.