Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will I die
Yes 41 47.67%
No 45 52.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: How do you order your steak?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood all the Outback hate on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It came back the third time at room temp on the outside

[/ QUOTE ]

The cook may as well have come out of the kitchen and slapped me in the face. Good enough reason not to want to go back, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like that is more about that specific person, and less about what company they work for, not to mention which individual location of that company
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood all the Outback hate on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It came back the third time at room temp on the outside

[/ QUOTE ]

The cook may as well have come out of the kitchen and slapped me in the face. Good enough reason not to want to go back, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like that is more about that specific person, and less about what company they work for, not to mention which individual location of that company

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh not quite. It's fair to assume that a cook at Outback isn't as likely to have the same pride in his work and dedication to customer service as is a guy who's owned his own steakhouse for 20 years.

It's a step above fast food, and a step below actual good restaurants.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:31 AM

wow, I was definitely expecting "medium" to be winning... I've always done medium because I thought it was standard and I have always enjoyed medium. Next time I'm going to try medium-rare and see if I'm missing out.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Metallic taste? WTF?

J

[/ QUOTE ]

There is iron in blood, ldo.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW I hate how some restaurants try to show how cool they are by undercooking everything, so like Rare is almost raw,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right, I like my steak medium, but to most places that means dripping blood, so I order medium well and get what should be medium.

[/ QUOTE ]

truth

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 08-13-2007, 12:48 AM

Reputable place (read: knows what medium rare is and what it looks like) : medium rare

Others: uhhh, no. I'm admittedly a steak snob. I either cook my steak or go to good reputable places.

Notes: Well done means no pink whatsoever. This renders a steak too dry. What some described above is not broiling a steak. You're slowcooking or baking it. You don't get the awesome goodness of the slightly charred exterior of the steak that only comes from high heat. There is no blood in steaks. As said, it's protein-laden juices, that is easily absorbed with a piece of bread, or on potatoes.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reputable place (read: knows what medium rare is and what it looks like) : medium rare

Others: uhhh, no. I'm admittedly a steak snob. I either cook my steak or go to good reputable places.

Notes: Well done means no pink whatsoever. This renders a steak too dry. What some described above is not broiling a steak. You're slowcooking or baking it. You don't get the awesome goodness of the slightly charred exterior of the steak that only comes from high heat. There is no blood in steaks. As said, it's protein-laden juices, that is easily absorbed with a piece of bread, or on potatoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt really true, you can do a good well done steak on the broiler, and finish it off in the oven, or if you are really good, you can do it right on teh broiler. You usually dont want to cook a thick steak like this, but Ive had some really godo well-done and juicy steaks that were about a half inch. i also dont know what you guys are talking about, there is blood in steaks, although depending on certain factors (processing), that may be a lot or a little.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i also dont know what you guys are talking about, there is blood in steaks, although depending on certain factors (processing), that may be a lot or a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate with sources.

Also, since I'm actually bothering to reply to one of your posts, the teh [censored] and other intentional grammar errors is retarded, just stop.

J
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 AM

Yeah, I don't even order steak anymore if it's not a special place for steak cuz it's so easy to make great steak at home.

Hamburger is actually a trickier issue. I like my hamburgers rarer than my steak, somewhere in the rare - medium rare region, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, but I'm pretty scared of ordering them like that out. Even at better restaurants it's a little scary; you'd like to think that the fancy places have better food safety, but supposedly a lot of them are just awful.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i also dont know what you guys are talking about, there is blood in steaks, although depending on certain factors (processing), that may be a lot or a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate with sources.

Also, since I'm actually bothering to reply to one of your posts, the teh [censored] and other intentional grammar errors is retarded, just stop.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not intentional I just type fast and dont geive a [censored]. get cancer, and do your own google search. A lot is also a relative statement in this case.