Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Is your vagina a graveyard for animals?

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why it's a smart choice to avoid eating beef so that we can have more food for humans to eat or more water to drink. Just think about how much work goes into raising a single cow and how much resources go into that process as well. Now imagine all those resources and energy going into something that we won't just murder when it gets fat enough.

Would you mock someone who gave someone who was hungry their extra food they did not need? I don't understand the attitude of mocking people who's endgame is trying to help people.

[/ QUOTE ]O RLY?!?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why does someone need a good reason to be a vegan? they only need a reason if they want to be evangelical about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need a good reason to be a vegan, they need a good reason to be a vegan to avoid being mocked for being a vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why it's a smart choice to avoid eating beef so that we can have more food for humans to eat or more water to drink. Just think about how much work goes into raising a single cow and how much resources go into that process as well. Now imagine all those resources and energy going into something that we won't just murder when it gets fat enough.

Would you mock someone who gave someone who was hungry their extra food they did not need? I don't understand the attitude of mocking people who's endgame is trying to help people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for providing an excellent example of the condescending attitude and moral superiority that is stereotypical of vegans.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why it's a smart choice to avoid eating beef

[/ QUOTE ]
That would have been a wise move, but then, you had to go and do it anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
so that we can have more food for humans to eat or more water to drink. Just think about how much work goes into raising a single cow and how much resources go into that process as well. Now imagine all those resources and energy going into something that we won't just murder when it gets fat enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to pay for the used resources. In fact, I do when I buy my steak! This is the most stupid argument I've ever seen.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why does someone need a good reason to be a vegan? they only need a reason if they want to be evangelical about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need a good reason to be a vegan, they need a good reason to be a vegan to avoid being mocked for being a vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know why people (and seemingly you included) love to persecute vegans without provocation.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that most of the people in this thread who have accused others of being closed minded are hoist on their own petard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Petarded.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that most of the people in this thread who have accused others of being closed minded are hoist on their own petard.

[/ QUOTE ]

PETArded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know why people (and seemingly you included) love to persecute vegans without provocation.

[/ QUOTE ]

"mock" and "persecute" are two entirely different things, and the provocation is vegans' smarmy self-importance about being vegans. cf. Case Closed's most recent post.

I think it's hilarious and mockable that people actually think they are morally superior beings because they only eat plants.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Everyone jumping on for me for responding,

I wrote a paragraph as opposed to the lengthy diatribe I thought about posting. It was a pretty worthless post without getting into a lot of facts. Obviously you guys don't care about that type of stuff.

Also, it's not about fiscal resources. It's about saving valuable land to be used for other things.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just think about how much work goes into raising a single cow and how much resources go into that process as well. Now imagine all those resources and energy going into something that we won't just murder when it gets fat enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the process went something like:
1. Letting the cattle graze
2. Load 'em up.
3. Take to slaughter.

And according to wiki they graze on land unsuitable for crops.

Isn't murder a legal term not afforded to cows. The killing of animals for food seems pretty basic.

Being Vegan is a very, very simple personal choice. The attempt to give it more meaning or make it a "cause" while demonizing those who don't join in or celebrate Veganity is the off-putting part.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's about saving valuable land to be used for other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like oil drilling and strip mining?