Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You believe the video?
No, Of Course not. 13 81.25%
Yes, I am clinically retarded. 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

Palm Beach Kennel Club is not bad either..

Disagree. 9 handed tables, plus the extra 3rd blind on the button puts you in a blind 1/3 of the time.

Also, if there is no flop, they rake the big blind on the button. Horrendous.

I will never set foot in the place again.

Yes it is probably still profitable, but this extra blind and the no 'no flop no drop rule' irritates the shiat out of me.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:

I only play the 1/2 game. I want to try the 2/5 game, but I don't have the bankroll.

You don't need a real "Bankroll" this game is way fishier than 1/2nl

Disagree. It is pretty easy with only 20 BB stacks to lose 7 buy ins in a row IMO playing Miller style.

A few lost races, getting AA cracked, then throw in some big draws in limped pots that don't come in...
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the dealers can't sustain an average of 20 hands an hour otherwise there'd be no need to switch to a time charge. What insults me the most is that while we're paying the time charge we're also paying for dealer trays to be restocked every 5 hands and players to rebuy every few hands they play. I'd be okay with the time charge if it weren't for the fact that most of the dealers are incapable of running the game smoothly coupled with the constant need to replenish either players stacks or dealer trays.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the reasons I go to Gulfstream. They're the only room I'm aware of that the dealers carry their own trays. No need to waste 2 minutes each dealer change to count trays. They pop theirs in and off you go. Add other pros like free valet parking, rarely more than a 5 minute wait for any game, whole building is smoke free, most beautiful poker room in South Florida and $1 beers and 25 cent chicken wings.

Now that Hard Rock has gone to timed rake, I doubt I'll ever step foot to play poker in there again. That sealed the deal for me.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 AM

Three sessions at Tampa Bay Downs so far

+13 (3 hours)
+35 (3 hours)
+121 (2 hours)

The last session where I won the most the table actually got really tough. I decided to walk away with the profit.

...and I [censored] hate timed rake.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Three sessions at Tampa Bay Downs so far

+13 (3 hours)
+35 (3 hours)
+121 (2 hours)

The last session where I won the most the table actually got really tough. I decided to walk away with the profit.

...and I [censored] hate timed rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tampa Greyhound is but a short drive away and not only do they not have a timed rake but they run various outstanding promotions.

For example, they are having a $25,000 freeroll tourney this Sunday for all patrons who have logged 50 hours of play in their pokerroom up to this point.

All in all, my favorite cardroom in the Tampa area.

-FH-
Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 AM

At Pompano and Coconut Creek still $1-5 rake, Pompano Dealer said if they did ever go to time rake it would be 6/12 and probobly only the 2/5 tables. At Pompano the Dealers are getting quicker also they are not required to count their $ every time they sit anymore (to speed things up), this started last week. Alot of the new dealers are starting to improve also. Both Pompano and Coconut creek require you to buy in at the cashier initially anyway. Coco has auto shufflers that when working quicken the pace some. I'm happy with both places except look forward to a new room at Coconut beach.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both Pompano and Coconut creek require you to buy in at the cashier initially anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Coconut Creek, but that's not true for the Isle. The brush instructs you to buy in at the cashier, but new players do buy chips when they sit at the table. Requesting you to do so and requiring you to do so are two different things.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Tampa Greyhound is running a promo for free satelite entrys if they log 20 hours by the end of the month..........also, they have an ACES cracked promo running weekdays from 11-1pm that pays the loser $100.........and one to the first winner with ACES too..........(pocket ACES).
Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... And it's not going to get any better until the rooms start instituting a policy that new players must buy chips at the cashier window before sitting at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

HR Tampa has this now and they're still SLOW AS HELL!

[ QUOTE ]
The rooms are still very poorly managed, customer service at all the rooms is horrible and you spend nearly as much time waiting for the dealers to get organized and sell chips as you actually do playing hands. It's just not worth the time and effort.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 PM

I disagree, as I find the HR very effective in getting hands in.

If you think they are bad, try any other venue in the Tampa area.