Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: 100/200 on stars

[ QUOTE ]
i fail to see how this can't be influenced by tilt, otherwise you are stricken with DERG.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably a factor, but let me say after seeing how bad it is possible to run over my last 75k hands where tilt was a minimal factor at most, sometimes people just rally are that unlucky. During my brutal streak, i often refer to this excellent post by 1800 gambler. It's amazing how [censored] you can get by being the bottom 1% of lcuk in your player pool over any reasonable period of time. It's possible that some people just don't encoutner runs like for a few years. I'm not going to mention names because people get defensive, but there are definitly people at both extremes of things like this.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tongni, why didn't you move down when running bad? Kill some kids at 30/60 to get your confidence back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Down almost 200 BB playing 30/60 today. It's like I'm broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll share my buddie-list with you @0.50/1.00 and @1/2 if you want.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's understandable. But we're talking about <u>me</u> here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know the difference between you and Kurosh and baronzeus and about 40 others.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are putting me in the same category as kurosh is just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Category: Young kids who play(ed) above their roll and at one point or another ran way a bove their expectation. You don't tilt like he does, but that's about where the differences end.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,

I never played above my roll. I did run well though.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:39 PM

Tongni,

feel free to send me hand histories over AIM. my aim is Baronzeus and I will look into them for you if you want.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:47 PM

It's hard to tilt when you play and take a break after losing 100 BB and you have plenty for the limits you are playing. It's just one day I looked at the PT and had it set for the entire month instead of one day and was like "Wow, where did all that money go?"

It's real easy to run bad at these games when nobody folds and it's just guessing "does he have a missed gutshot this time or bottom pair" and guessing wrong all day especially when your opponents are hitting cards and it just feels like they are totally running you over and you start playing back and they just always have it.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know the difference between you and Kurosh and baronzeus and about 40 others.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Category: Young kids who play(ed) above their roll and at one point or another ran way a bove their expectation. You don't tilt like he does, but that's about where the differences end.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,

[/ QUOTE ]

Baron,

I usually stick up for you when people attribute your sucess to running well and whatnot. However, i think this statement is inaccurate, as you started playing 300-600 at the tail end of a downswing when your role was something like 180k. (i know you had bought a car and paid for school and stuff, but that was your working role) Given that yo now know it's possible to drop 100k in a day in that game and you were fortunate enough to run at like 11BB/100 before doing so, how do yo maintain that you never play over your roll?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but a lot of people probably look up to you here, and saying that playing high variance games where you can't have a huge edge with a 300 BB roll is inaccurate as Togni's swings show here, and it's important that you don't give aspiring players inacurrate information about bankroll management.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty ridiculous. It's weird how solid players are having some ridiculous swings like this, i remember when ppl. used to bitch about 30k breakeven streaks and 300 BB downswings. Hope they flip the switch for you, just ridiculous...

[/ QUOTE ]

its bc limit holdem is a sham and most will lose everything no matter how "solid"
Old 02-26-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,

[/ QUOTE ]

Baron,

I usually stick up for you when people attribute your sucess to running well and whatnot. However, i think this statement is inaccurate, as you started playing 300-600 at the tail end of a downswing when your role was something like 180k. (i know you had bought a car and paid for school and stuff, but that was your working role) Given that yo now know it's possible to drop 100k in a day in that game and you were fortunate enough to run at like 11BB/100 before doing so, how do yo maintain that you never play over your roll?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but a lot of people probably look up to you here, and saying that playing high variance games where you can't have a huge edge with a 300 BB roll is inaccurate as Togni's swings show here, and it's important that you don't give aspiring players inacurrate information about bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, in that instance, I did, but only because of a certain fish that was sitting. I also had set up a 20BB stop loss in every instance. After the first day I managed to run hot and ended up with like a 500BB roll for the game after a few more days.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:55 PM

I lost more than 1/4 of my BR in the last week and felt / feel like [censored], . But I am really sorry for your current run and really hope you run better soon as I really enjoy your postings.

Just out of curiousity, how big is your roll now?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:00 PM

yeah, i don't doubt you are a winner in the lineups you play when you excerise good game selection. I'm just pointing out that a person with an expectaion of 1BB/100 in that game (which is suspect is higher than most people are doing over any significant sample) is MUCH mor likely to lose 20 BB's before they make 200 BB's, and sometimes your posts don't convey that which will give people the wrong idea of taking shots. In reality, running normally, i suspect a shot like that works less that 5% of the time/