Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: d10 makes a thread about a girl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's 3 strikes

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the third? I only counted 2. 2 is good enough though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I thought she blew you off twice last week but it looks more like 1.5. Regardless, this girl is trouble. Don't burn any bridges though, there's a decent chance you'll get to bang her again a month from now after she's become bored with whatever random dude she's banging. But obviously don't have any illusions about this girl having relationship potential ever again.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM

d10 - why do you now think that the other guy is not an issue? what happened to make you think that?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
d10 - why do you now think that the other guy is not an issue? what happened to make you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like going back through it, but didn't a bunch of people already ax him how he knew about this other guy and he never answered? And now he somehow knows the guy is out of the picture?

Tell you what, if I ever meet a broad off the internets and we start going out seriously, I'm gonna make goddamn sure she takes her profile down from that site. I've heard enough stories from chick friends of mine about the nonstop attention they get from guys (albeit mostly weirdos) that letting her continue to receive messages and winks (gay) and stuff like that would be like dropping her off at a singles bar and trusting that nothing is going to happen.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I was curious about that too and he never did answer that.

He 'learns' that she has another BF. No idea what that means and how he came about this knowledge in the first place seems like kind of relevant info.

Now he suddenly comes back with, "Meh, it's not an issue anymore."

Don't need every single little detail to dish out some advice of course. But dodging some of the big stuff about the whole story is going to skew the results.

Tuq - I met my GF via the internet-dating wink-wink thing.
I since have taken my profile down but I still get "we've found a match for you" e-mails to my old address. They aren't wink-wink's. They just find someone with same age/location and maybe an interest or something and try to get you back to the site.

My GF didn't even have her profile up there when she first contacted me. She dug my profile and contacted me and we met, etc etc.

So having one's profile up or not really doesn't mean THAT much imo.
If one really wanted to they could set up a new profile on the same or different site and keep on getting all the attention.

Are you going to tell her to stop IM'ing with her friends because you can't tell if she's chatting with some other dude 'with potential' or not?

The internet makes it easy to anonymously meet people and I just don't think that insisting someone take their profile down is the way to go about things. You either get to a point where you are starting to trust them or you don't.

If they did NOT take their profile down and left it right up there for everyone to see AFTER we've been going out for a few weeks and were starting to get a little serious than I would certainly ask why she still leaves it up there.
Maybe we're saying the same thing in different ways but what I'm thinking of doesn't feel the same as "making damn sure they take it down."
Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So having one's profile up or not really doesn't mean THAT much imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
In the example you cited, a woman (your girlfriend) contacted a guy (you). You must have had a pretty hot profile, MicroBob. Anyway, from everything I've read about online dating, that's pretty unusual, since it appears that all a chick has to do is post a profile with a halfway decent picture of herself and she gets absolutely mauled. Here are the two best RL examples I have:

- an ex-roommate posted a profile on match.com several years ago. She had dinner dates nearly every night of the week, on at least a couple of occasions she had two dates in the same night. I felt for the poor bastards because she was a psycho who was obsessed with a married journeyman minor league baseball player and she would often tell us that she wasn't interested in half of the guys but "I'm getting a free meal out of it". Ugh.

- an ex-girlfriend posted her profile after she dumped me. She too confirmed the nonstop contact she received from guys, basically it was to the point where she had to pick and choose who she responded to because there were too many to juggle.

So based off of these two examples yeah, I wouldn't want the girl I'm seeing to have a public profile on a dating site, particularly if she is the type that craves attention (well they all do, I mean more than normal).
Old 08-06-2007, 03:53 PM

Tup,

MicroBob is a stud. He even got unsolicited IMs from his coworker's 12 year old daughter.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like going back through it, but didn't a bunch of people already ax him how he knew about this other guy and he never answered? And now he somehow knows the guy is out of the picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that d10 has been around long enough to know that he'll get flamed incessantly if he were to reveal this information.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Hopeless,

The more he ducks the question, the more we'll speculate that he is obtaining this information via nefarious means. So he might as well give it up - even if it means totally making up something non-creepy.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Tuq - "- an ex-roommate posted a profile on match.com several years ago. She had dinner dates nearly every night of the week, on at least a couple of occasions she had two dates in the same night. I felt for the poor bastards because she was a psycho who was obsessed with a married journeyman minor league baseball player and she would often tell us that she wasn't interested in half of the guys but "I'm getting a free meal out of it". Ugh."

Wow does that sound familiar. Was this player on a AAA team?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 PM

NicksDad,

It was [stat page link removed by me - PM if you want it]. I'll never forget the name, it was burned into my memory by her talking about him all the time.

For some reason chicks really have it for baseball players, more so than other sports it seems. This guy was a classic playa - he knew exactly what to say to her to string her along and let her think she had a chance, like saying he was going to dump his wife (with whom he had a kid). She would read aloud to us some of the letters that he wrote her, we would try not to bust out laughing as he played her like a fiddle and she thought he was sincere.

Some time after she moved out, she randomly showed up one night and made a point about telling us that she "ran into him" - in Vegas. The creepy part was, you could tell by the way she told the story that she specifically made that trip because she knew he would be there and basically stalked him. Cree-pee.

EDIT: removed the guy's baseball stat page link in case it causes him personal problems, but IIRC when they met he told her he was separated.