Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (7/31) (5k PLO w/rebuys)

[ QUOTE ]
gotta give some love for the very witty juanda comment:

"did you flop a straight?"

that guy constantly cracks me up

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I thought that was awesome.

Everyone is saying how Devilfish is an [censored], which I agree with. I'm also not a fan of really quick 1 liners and the winking. Wtf?

But, and the preface here - I'm not an omaha player at all - didn't he play great? He knew Cajelias had the wheel, which I thought was pretty sick, and then bet anyways, nice play I thought, seemed like he knew his player. Mucking after Redbull called his two bets was pretty $$ too. Again, not an omaha player AT ALL, but it did seem like he played good, and got a bit unlucky. I'm not saying I like his antics/ridiculous bitching, but isn't he known as one of the best omaha players in the world?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 AM

If somebody calls two pot sized bets, they either have the nuts or 20+ out draw to the nuts.

Folding made hands such as straights and flushes is standard on some boards.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:33 AM

holy crap this episode tilted me so bad. i'd love to sock that boutin character if i got the chance.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:48 AM

A couple thoughts on the 5kplo tv broudcast.....

1.I loved it. Very entertaining. The first couple events had boring poker and boring personalities.
2. [censored] Boutin. What is this guys deal? In all seriousness,anyone know what kind of drugs he is on? Guy is also a card rack.
3. I like Devilfish and despite his vulgar crybaby [censored] in the event, i was still rooting for him to win until he slow rolled his wrap and flush draw against cajelais. it made me so happy when the board bricked. have some [censored] class.
4.With all the millions that phil hellmuth makes you think he could afford a [censored] stylist. I mean goddamn, what the [censored] was he wearing on that "heads up with norman chad" segment. oh yeah, and NIIIIIIIIICE frisbee technique.
5. Did they cover phil winning his 11th braclet in a previous episode? I never saw it and I heard them mention phil having 11 bracelets in passing on tonights broadcast. was that a [censored] up on the post production commentary?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 AM

OK, PLO isn't my game or anything but Boutin's play on the hand HU that basically decided the event seemed terrible. Does anything but a set call his 3-bet?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple thoughts on the 5kplo tv broudcast.....

1.I loved it. Very entertaining. The first couple events had boring poker and boring personalities.
2. [censored] Boutin. What is this guys deal? In all seriousness,anyone know what kind of drugs he is on? Guy is also a card rack.
3. I like Devilfish and despite his vulgar crybaby [censored] in the event, i was still rooting for him to win until he slow rolled his wrap and flush draw against cajelais. it made me so happy when the board bricked. have some [censored] class.
4.With all the millions that phil hellmuth makes you think he could afford a [censored] stylist. I mean goddamn, what the [censored] was he wearing on that "heads up with norman chad" segment. oh yeah, and NIIIIIIIIICE frisbee technique.
5. Did they cover phil winning his 11th braclet in a previous episode? I never saw it and I heard them mention phil having 11 bracelets in passing on tonights broadcast. was that a [censored] up on the post production commentary?

[/ QUOTE ]

as for 5, it was covered on one of july 17ths episodes
Old 08-02-2007, 12:00 PM

Boutin played badly, Devilfish played really well imo. Except for the limping. And if anyone wants to know, he was bluffing against Cajelais when he had a set.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM

For all the people complaining about limping...it seems to me like blind-stealing is pretty ineffective in a short-stacked Omaha tournament, right? Why wouldn't you call a raise out the blind with anything that wasn't trips?...it's probably 45/55 at worst.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For all the people complaining about limping...it seems to me like blind-stealing is pretty ineffective in a short-stacked Omaha tournament, right? Why wouldn't you call a raise out the blind with anything that wasn't trips?...it's probably 45/55 at worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) That's wrong. You're going to be 35% with the crappier omaha hands. With ace high double suited hands, yes, you're going to be about even with everything but aces.

2) Because you're not going to hit very many flops and donk/folding after the flop for half your stack is very ineffective. The PFR in PLO must be given a lot of respect and thus continuation bets work a LOT more than they do in NLHE. I've check/folded aces up on a non 3 flush, non 3 straight board to a single bet in PLO. It's a question of implied odds and how often your hand is going to hit a flop you're just going to go with. Limping and then playing a flop against people who see it for free just comes down to luck.

And hell, if you're going to be limping, instead minraise. It's not like in a 10 bb mtt they can be calling profitably a ton anyway.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:02 PM

do we have any stats that show us that there was a higher than normal percentage of limping? button raises, blinds fold hands are editted out in mass quantities.