Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Mario Strikers Charged

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i apparently suck ass at this game

i can't get past the 2nd cup; i get to 2nd elimination round game and lose

mario kicks my ass everytime i play him

i'm using waluigi/hammer/toad/dinosaur dude

i try to do lob passes, straight passes, super shots, megashots, etc but can't execute well enough or defend well enough to win it

and when i play online, some dude uses the female yoshi and just spits out the eggs from midfield for automatic goal everytime wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't get past the 2nd cup either

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I've tried about 5 times now. I blow through pool play with one loss or less every time. I've lost once in the first knockout, twice in the second, and twice to Diddy. Both series against Diddy I did not win a game. The stupid effing take a player away at the beginning of every point really messes with my strategy.

I'm getting real tired of playing 10 pool matches every time, too. I've even tried saving the game just before some playoff matches then resetting it before I lose so I can replay (cheap, yes I know) but the game counted the match as a loss both times I tried it! That has never happened to me in the history of sports games.

EDIT: And a couple times I lose in the knockout round to teams I blow out in pool play 6-0, 8-3, etc. and that pisses me off to no end.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:42 PM

To beat Diddy:

It helps a lot if your whole team is fast. I use Waluigi, 2 Boos, and Birdo. Birdo's deke is really sweet and her shot is an instagoal because there are so few players on the field.

Basically just keep rotating the ball around to the open man and take blue charged shots until you get a special or a couple useful items. Then use them to get off a megastrike.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 PM

can I change team after the second cup without having to start all over again?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's annoying. Make sure you like your crew before you beat Diddy, because the Striker cup is about 4 times tougher and more annoying than crystal.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I started off using DK, Hammer Brother, Toad, and Dry Bones. It worked just fine up until Diddy where half my team being slow as balls was really hindering my success. I don't really care for Dry Bones because his skillshot sucks and his regular shot is weak, Toad is kind of meh, and Hammer Brother is basically useless except for his skill shot. Then DK is just super slow.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I started off using DK, Hammer Brother, Toad, and Dry Bones. It worked just fine up until Diddy where half my team being slow as balls was really hindering my success. I don't really care for Dry Bones because his skillshot sucks and his regular shot is weak, Toad is kind of meh, and Hammer Brother is basically useless except for his skill shot. Then DK is just super slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've gotten the crystal cup with 4 different teams. My first one was Yoshi/Boo/Birdo/Dry Bones but I gave up on that one bc I didn't care much for Yoshi's superpower. Next was Wario/Hammer/Birdo/Dry Bones, but got destroyed in the Crystal Cup finals because of the speed thing. I got to the Striker Cup finals with Waluigi/Hammer/Hammer/Dry Bones but the Hammer Bros. are so exploitable because the passing is so good in the Striker Cup and the hitting on defense by the computer is so aggressive. Right now I'm going with a Diddy/Birdo/Dry Bones/Dry Bones setup and it's working out pretty well, it's just a bitch playing all those games again.

I disagree concerning Dry Bones' skill shot. If you're by yourself (like you'll be often in the crystal cup final) it's an automatic goal if you get it off and head the rebound past the paralyzed goalie, or you can shoot and pass the rebound off if you can't get the header off. I also score my fair share of goals from just past the half-court line with dry bones' skill shot. Watch out for people bumping you as the rebound gets back to you though.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Dry Bones has the best skillshot of the nonshooters by a long stretch, not to mention his teleport ability. If you have a fast captain and a DB, there's pretty much no way you should lose a two-on-two point at crystal canyon.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree concerning Dry Bones' skill shot. If you're by yourself (like you'll be often in the crystal cup final) it's an automatic goal if you get it off and head the rebound past the paralyzed goalie,

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I didn't know about how it worked when I was playing with Dry Bones in the Crystal Cup before I gave up on him. It's not very effective in full games though because you'll get decked so often before the rebound gets to you.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:13 AM

Also I still can't figure out how to teleport into the goal with Dry Bones like the computer and online players keep doing to me.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 AM

All the teleports go further the more charged the ball is. If you run up to the goalie uncharged it's tough to time it but with a white ball you can go from a couple yards away from the goalie to the back of the net. If you aim wrong you hit the fence though. Also, DB's port seems to have a better chance of bouncing in when he gets hit by the goalie than Wal's, although I'm not 100% on that.