Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Famous urban legends

[ QUOTE ]

Same scenario, guy goes to a bar and blacks out. He wakes up in a tub. He gets out of the tub and finds a note that tells him to go to the emergency room because both of his kidneys (insert organ here) were surgically removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing about this one is that I think it actually does happen in various places in the world.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are a few I heard growing up in New York.

Alligators live in the sewers of New York.

A guy goes to a bar and picks up an incredibly hot woman. He has his way with the vixen and wakes up alone in the morning. He takes a shower and when he gets out he notices his mirror has "Welcome to the wonderful world of (insert std here)." written on it. The legend usually states that the message only becomes visible from the steam from the shower.

Same scenario, guy goes to a bar and blacks out. He wakes up in a tub. He gets out of the tub and finds a note that tells him to go to the emergency room because both of his kidneys (insert organ here) were surgically removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

the one abotu teh STDs/aids is that it stems from a semi-true case like that, not as malicious though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon
Old 07-30-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing about this one is that I think it actually does happen in various places in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

False - http://www.snopes.com/horrors/robbery/kidney.asp
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
State trooper somewhere in a speed trap on an empty road has his radar gun register a 145. No car in sight, guy is confused. Gives it no mind. A week later happens against. Skipping to the end, it was a drug dealer in a black sports car with the lights out and driving with night vision goggles. Trooper generally beats the drug dealer with some simple macguyvering.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES I have heard this one! Version I heard involved a black Lamborghini Diablo with tinted black windows and black rims.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

False - http://www.snopes.com/horrors/robbery/kidney.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I don't recall what made me think this one was actually true (it was something), but in any case it turns out I'm an idiot.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rod Stewart had to have his stomach pumped one time before a concert because he was sick. The doctors found a quart of tiger sperm. This one was big on our playgrounds in elementary school. I love it because it's so ridiculous.

Also there's one about a child lost in Mexico that I know isn't true but I still don't want to post because it's so awful. You're welcome EDF.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Rod Steward one went around here to, it was sperm, but it didn't belong to a tiger...

And now you gotta tell us about the kid lost in mexico! I'm hanging on a thread here.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Ok. (Awful thing spoiler alert!!!!!)

Basically this family lost their young daughter on a sightseeing trip to Tijuana. So they start going back and forth to mexico looking for her. On one trip while crossing back into the US they actually see her sleeping in the back seat of another car at the border crossing. They run up to the car and get the authorities. But when they get the girl out she's actually dead. As they examine her they realize her body has been hollowed out, stuffed with drugs, then stitched back up.

Yay humanity for thinking that one up.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:38 AM

There is a city in Japan called Usa. They named it Usa so that they could manufacture products, ship them to the United States, and put MADE IN USA on them. Cierto o falso?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 AM

Probably the most famous one from where I grew up is the Black Aggie story. It was just a statue in a graveyard but all sorts of tales were told about it, mostly that those who slept in her arms would be cursed or that the statue would become animated in some way (glowing eyes etc.)
Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 AM

lol so the one about the penny being dropped fromthe Empire State building in New York isn't true?

i wnet there in 2004 and did this. i don't think i threw it far enough out so it may have just landed on the outer layer of the building. still... no-one saw me do it. i felt like a murderer for a few seconds.